Ebay TFT display?

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by spinnaker, Jan 10, 2015.

1. spinnaker

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    Has anyone successfully interfaced to of of these TFT displays found on eBay?

It uses the HX8347 driver. But as I look at it, the provided connecter labeling does not seem to match up with the HX8347 datasheet pinout. And they don't appear to provide any kind of mapping.

They do provide some source code commented in Chinese (of course :)). They appear to have this concept of address and data. 8 bits for address and 8 bits for data. I have not yet tried to back engineer the source code to see what pins the "address" might be selecting.

Has anyone bought one of these things and figured out how to interface to it?

Sorry for the other thread but I did not feel it had an appropriate subject line it can be deleted.
  2. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Yes I've done a bunch of work using the HX8347 a few years back.

You should post these questions on your other thread where the title matches your intent.
  3. Esposito

Apr 21, 2015
    If you’re curious, the LCD module and my Eleven board draws 225 mA of current. If that didn’t work for you, double-check the wiring against the list provided earlier. Now we’ll move forward and learn how to display text and graphics.