Easy question for you guys

sheffladreece

Joined Jan 22, 2014
controller/transmitter can be any voltage but likely to be 2 AA batterys... Recievers/ Motors are small... powered by possbily a watch battery or a single AAA if necessary

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
If you know nothing about electronics and wish to build this system, this is a momentous task for you. You would need a Micro controller to send data to each motor and a Micro controller to receive the data at each motor. It would involve sending serial data to the motors and if you wish to use the controller to monitor the motors, you would need two way communication between them.

There is so much to explain.

Daniel.

sheffladreece

Joined Jan 22, 2014
it is not necessary to monitor the motors once they have been switched on.... i want to run the motor for < 5 seconds then deactivate automatically once it has finished its intended sequence, then i wish to reverse the motor at a later stage at will... each motor must be controlled individually from the master controller and not all be activated together... the motors will not be visible from the master controller so IR is not applicable for this project.

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
You will need something like Arduino Mega to control the motors and upload the code.Motors will need drivers like L29x and they will need external power supply.

PS

Didn't notice you were looking for wireless solution so just ignore what I wrote.

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
You might look into a hobby shop radio-control setup. You'd need 6 channels, but I don't think that's unusual these days.