Easiest way to modify this circuit to...

ElectroMagnetic

Joined Sep 15, 2010
...be activated by one(1) NO MC switch (represented by RL1 and RL2) closing , thus energizing two(2) relays with independent timed on/off cycles, using as few additional components as necessary.

Edit: I guess I should include the timings. 1st relay energizes as soon as possible, so on in 2µ sec. then off in 999,998 µsec for a total of 1 sec cycle time. 2nd relay as shown (delay for 1 sec then off after 1 sec).

TIA,

JC

Edit: I forgot a junction dot on schematic where 12V power rail splits to feed both pin 4's of 555's

Attachments

Last edited:

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
If I'm understanding this correctly you're trying to mirror what the existing reed relay already does?

If so, just hook another one up to pin 3 of the 555 but have the opposite end of the relay's coil go to + instead of to the -

ElectroMagnetic

Joined Sep 15, 2010
Actually I would like relay #1 to switch on as soon as possible, then turn off in 1 sec. As soon as that relay turns off, I want relay #2 to turn on, then go off after 1 sec.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
If you hook the second relay up as I mention it will be on for 1 second while the one in the schematic is off, then go off when the one in the schematic comes on.