Eagle sot23 to dip6 adapter needed

bisctboy

Joined Nov 3, 2008
Does anyone know where I can find a sot23 to dip6 adapter to add to my Eagle library? I want to use it in Eagle so that I don't have to do a double sided pcb.

Thanks,

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I get sneaky and change the layer in my library so I can place surface mount on the bottom foil. Maybe you can do that in Eagle.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
You definitely can put SMD and TH on the same side in Eagle. It is also possible to get a "layer violation" warning, if you try certain work-around tricks. What specifically are you trying to do? Can you post your .brd file?

Have you considered simply making a mirrored SOT23 device (i.e., library edit, save as newname, use same symbol and package, disconnect, then reconnect with mirrored connections)?

John

bisctboy

Joined Nov 3, 2008
How do I put a smd on the same side as a th? Is it done in the library section? I'm trying to put a max1555 on the same side as my th. The max1555 can be found in the sparkfun library....thanks for your help.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Please post your board (.brd) file so we can see what you are trying to do and maybe appreciate where the problem is. I routinely put TH and SMD on the same side and have had a problem only once with the aforementioned layer violation, which was easily fixed.

John

bisctboy

Joined Nov 3, 2008
I haven't got the brd file yet (although I'm sure I could whip it up quickly). What I'm really looking for is a sot23-5/sot23-6 to dip6 adapter in the library that I can use in my schematic. This would eliminate the need to "trick" eagle. I'm sure I could use any IC in the libary that is a dip6 but I can't find one anywhere???

bisctboy

Joined Nov 3, 2008
Here's the brd file that I put together....I put no work into it to place things together at all so it looks horrible right now....thanks again!

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
First, I don't see clearly how a SOT23-5 to SOT23-6 or DIP6 adapter is going to help.

The simplest solution is to simply use the mirror tool and click on the SOT23-5. That works OK for me with your board.

If that does not work for you, there are some other options, but try the mirror tool first.

John