eagle shrinkage

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by mxabeles, Jun 11, 2010.

1. mxabeles

Thread Starter Active Member

Apr 25, 2009
    hi am finally getting the hang of eagle, made my first working pcb (555 4017 led chaser). Cool, now I'm moving on to my real projects, first of which is 16bit LFSR x 2 circuit. The circuit should work, but I wanted to print MULTIPLE layouts on a single transparency.
    I exported image (tiff, 300 resolution) to photoshop. Made 3 copies and then printed them. Developed, etched, and drilled only to then realize the artwork was just a tad smaller than original ! Impossible to fit IC sockets! Aaargh. Any body have similar issue or suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Max
    PS i printed out the exact same circuit straight from eagle and there were no issues in size.

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    I think u made a boo boo in the export settings, before etching try to print on paper and check for size.

3. mxabeles

Apr 25, 2009
    right. thanks

4. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    Be sure in your print properties, that there is no 'Fit to Page' or similar setting turned on.

A lot of time the printer will print the page at 95% or so.

Turn this off.

Most printers cant print edge to edge on a piece of paper, so if you set a page that is 8.5" x 11", it will print at 8.25" x 10.5" so it can fit in the print area.

You *must* make sure you have NO scaling settings set. Set to print at 100%.

5. mxabeles

Apr 25, 2009
    cool i fixed it...i was using some lame freeware now i'm using a different lame freeware to crop copy n print ha