EAGLE Mirrored Devices: Problem with Labels

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I usually keep pin labels on symbols/devices simple and have had no real problem when the device was rotated an/or mirrored. A current project uses the 16F1829. It is complex enough that for my convenience, I have added additional labels to the symbol. The symbol for the device shows properly when used without mirroring:
Library.PNG
Note that the pin/port labels are adjacent to the pin numbers and easy (at least for me) to read.

CCWx1.PNG

When rotated just 90° CCW, the labels still retain that relationship. However, when rotated an additional 90° CCW or when mirrored, the pin/port labels are no longer immediately adjacent to the pins, as shown here:

Mirrored.PNG

Of course, one way around that is to make an alternative device and use use it. I know how to make alternative packages, but in this case, I need an alternative symbol. Is there a way to do that?

Regards, John

UPDATE: Here's a recent thread on the subject. I guess alternative symbols cannot be matched to a single device. Please prove them wrong: https://www.element14.com/community...bols-for-easy-rotation?displayFullThread=true

Last edited: