Eagle lay out checking

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Caner Adıyaman, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Caner Adıyaman

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Hello guys i am gonna post my design here. There are schematics and layouts of my ciruit. i am thinking about order pcbs tomorrow. and before that, i wanna be sure about how correct are my shematics and layout design.

here
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fnw6stdh0xfbn68/AAAU6FnlHMEo3R6zZJQOSzH3a?dl=0
    There are my eagle brd and sch files also photos in

And also i wanna ask some question about my lay out.
    1-transmission traces between ft232 and atmega328 are not short traces. may these traces cause any trouble ?
    2-did i place correctly the decoupling capacitors in my layout ?
    3-16mil drill size is small for manufacturing ?
    4-i get clearence errors from my pgb led footprint should i change it ?
    5-do i need to add a diode between lm3940 and esp8266

That's all guys it would be great if you criticize my layout.

2. Caner Adıyaman

Sep 20, 2016
    any help would be great

3. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    If you really want an answer, post your stuff here rather than on some rag spam bot.

John

4. Caner Adıyaman

Sep 20, 2016
    I uplouded them here.

5. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    I haven't gone through it very carefully, but what is the purpose of RF1, which is a 2-pin connector with only one pin connected, and that pin is to ground?

BTW, .brd files can be posted as zipped files. In fact, the .brd and .sch files both can be uploaded zipped. Unlike some, I am not adverse to opening zipped files. That way, one can run a drc. I would be reluctant to submit any board file without a clean drc (assuming you set the default Eagle parameters to what you consider reasonable) or with "errors" I had not intended (e.g., via on a pad).

John

6. Caner Adıyaman

Sep 20, 2016
    i am using drc file of iteastudio and i am just getting clearence error which comes from rgb led. Also i have checked it in 4pcb.com pcb checks didn't get any critical error

7. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    You are aware, I am sure, that a clearance specifications can be set and can vary by board house. If I were using Itead, I would pay attention to that error and wiggle past it.

John

8. Caner Adıyaman

Sep 20, 2016
    and also rf 1 and rf2 are pins of an rf module. that's why it is connection is like that

9. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    I have no problem with doing that. It saves having to make a new device for something that is irrelevant to your immediate purpose. Thanks for explaining.

After getting erc and drc to show no significant errors, I would take a final look and submit. Be sure if you want bottom silkscreen that the board house will provide that. I tried one a year or so ago that didn't support it, even though the Gerber showed it. Fortunately, it was a small and very simple board.

John

10. Caner Adıyaman

Sep 20, 2016
    it is my first pcb also i tried one before this one and it did not work and i changed the design and this time it has to work because i already passed my deadline.