Eagle: Autorute with different wire widths for just one part?

Chupo_cro

Joined Nov 9, 2008
I'd like to make a PCB with 20 mil line widths, except for the just one part which is TQFN package, so it needs 12 mil traces. Is it possible to autoroute all except the selected routes, then change the design rules to decrease the signal widths and the clearance, and then continue autoroute?

What is the best way to connect 'normal'-width pads of PDIP ICs or other elements with even bigger pads (resistors, plugs, ...), to the narrow pads of a small TQFN element?

BTW
I didn't find 20 TQFN package in the Eagle's library neither I found it for download from the net - has maybe someone designed that package? Or even better, if anyone has done the whole MAX14778 or knows where it could be downloaded for using with Eagle.

jwilk13

Joined Jun 15, 2011
I believe you can change the net class properties (or something like that...I can't quite remember the phrasing and I'm not in front of my computer with EAGLE) to set the trace width. So, all of your nets connected to the TQFN can be set to 12 mil, and the autorouter should follow that.

Check out this video on youtube.

Chupo_cro

Joined Nov 9, 2008
I believe you can change the net class properties (or something like that...I can't quite remember the phrasing and I'm not in front of my computer with EAGLE) to set the trace width. So, all of your nets connected to the TQFN can be set to 12 mil, and the autorouter should follow that.

Check out this video on youtube.
Thank you very much, that's it!!

Regards