E-learning platform for electronics

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by nuitfill, Apr 12, 2011.

1. nuitfill

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Hello everybody,

As part of my master's degree in industrial engineering, i designed some tools to be used in electronics-education through e-learning. Like allaboutcircuits.com, it's a website wich offers a lesson-based structure to students, containing information about some general principles. But along with that, i tried to add some interactivity with the circuits, offering students some visuals about the inner-workings.

-First one is a video of the circuit with a 3D-approach, components levitate with the magnitude of the voltage, current is represented by a symbol.

-Second is a SPICE-simulation. Students can edit the parameters of the circuit and plot the simulation. Admins can choose wich components can be cutomized.

-Third is the well known java-applet by mr. Falstad.

There are also some questions at the bottom of each page.
    The website is fully based on XML/XSLT transformations together with asp.net, this way new content can be added very quickly. The goal of the website is to be evaluated by the students afterwich we can conclude this would be a helpfull addition to the courses or not.

You can find a sample overhere:
    http://nuitfill.com/Circuits.aspx?Name=Common-Emitter-Amp&Lang=EN .

It would be great if you could give some pointers about what should be improved, any remark would be helpfull.
    Don't mind the actual information of the page too much, it's just to be used as a sample.

Thank you very much
  2. nuitfill

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 25, 2010
    The SPICE-simulation is implemented as a web-service, my computer must be running for the simulations to work.
    If no graphs appear, it's probably because my system isn't running.