DWT for de-noising

testing12

Joined Jan 30, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for C/C++ source code that can perform the discrete wavelet transform of a given vector (signal). The end goal is to produce a routine that uses the DWT to denoise a signal. (no other method is acceptable - it MUST be DWT). I have found a few libraries online but they make refrence to functions for which I cannot see the code.

Does any one know of an efficent, easy to use, implementation of the 1d DWT? If not, a simple algorithm I can try to implement.

Thank you for any help / comments.

testing12

Joined Jan 30, 2011
Thank you for your reply.

This is the library I was using. I compiled and ran it in Microsoft visual studio c++, and got a run time error at the DWT function call. I have been trying to determine what's causeing it for the past two days but have been unsuccessful.

Also, this package uses two DLL files which I placed in the system32 folder. These DLL files perform the DWT and idwt computations. Unfortunately, I cannot see the source code. I need the source code because eventually I want to implement this routine on a microcontroller.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

testing12

Joined Jan 30, 2011
Update - I have been playing with with the function. It seems its something associated with the "length" vector. Is there anyone available to attempt to compile the code? Do you think I should ask on a programming forum? Its a starange question.

testing12

Joined Jan 30, 2011
Can anyone suggest a programming forum that handles these types of issues? (My intention is not to discredit this site, please dont take my post that way)

ActivePower

Joined Mar 15, 2012
Sorry for the late reply. Just looked at this thread. If your question is very programming-centric why not try StackOverflow or the forums at cplusplus.com? Both of them have pretty knowledgeable folks who deal with this stuff all the time.

My intention is not to discredit this site, please dont take my post that way
That's not at all wrong. Maybe you'll come back and share the solution so anyone else looking at this thread may have an answer :)

All the best!