During single step debugging project.as file open

ecaits

Joined Jan 6, 2014
Hello friends,

When I am start single step debugging, .as ("projectname.as") file open and compiler continuously running on that only. I dont know why.

I am using MPLAB 8.92 version with hi-tech C compiler and debugger is MPLAB ICD 2. I am working on PIC16F877.

Plz support me if anybody know about this problem.

I am new in this field.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Perhaps you could explain this a little more. The problem is that you are seeing the disassembly when attempting to debug in C, is that right?

By the way, the compiler is not running when you are debugging, the compiler had already run. That's why you have the disassembly in the first place...

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
The '.as' file is the startup file... Near the bottom of the file there is a long jump to the main() routine.... The '.as' file can seem long as it can bit quite long.

ecaits

Joined Jan 6, 2014
Perhaps you could explain this a little more. The problem is that you are seeing the disassembly when attempting to debug in C, is that right?

By the way, the compiler is not running when you are debugging, the compiler had already run. That's why you have the disassembly in the first place...

Dear Sir,

So what I have to do to get directly on my .c file???

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
In the menu go to window and select one of the tile window options. What does your window look like then. Which windows do you see?

Last edited: