dummy questions about LM339 and diodes

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Sgt., here is another good article on EDM. It contains content on both sinker(what I'm doing) and wire EDM. Wire EDM is like a spark band saw. It uses a moving wire as the electrode and the table is CNC to cut any shape. As long as the part is conductive wire will cut it.
Ahhh, did you mean to attach an article or post a link? I don't see either? :confused:

The machine will be electrically noisy, would it help any to put ferrite toroids on the leads that will connect to the electrode?
Toroids used on the leads will tend to keep the current more constant. It may or may not interfere with the cutting/boring action; I simply do not have enough information about the process to give you a good answer.

What about using a module like on the supply wire on a computer, don't know what it's called but the plug from the wall out let goes to it. Would that help?
You mean a power strip? I have no idea what you are talking about here.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Some power cables for electronic equipment have a ferrite "donut"on the power cable that is used as a filter. I filters out the very high frequency of a switching power supply.