Dumb question....

vortmax

Joined Oct 10, 2012
depends on the inputs on the flat screen and the output options on the laptop. The laptop will likely have a VGA and possibly an HDMI output if it is newer. Computer flat screens will typically have VGA and DVI inputs (some have HDMI). Most consumer TV flatscreens will also have some sort of digital input with HDMI being the most popular, but I have seen both DVI and VGA on TV's as well. So just look on your laptop and on your screen and figure out what matches.

76nemo

Joined Aug 2, 2008
depends on the inputs on the flat screen and the output options on the laptop. The laptop will likely have a VGA and possibly an HDMI output if it is newer. Computer flat screens will typically have VGA and DVI inputs (some have HDMI). Most consumer TV flatscreens will also have some sort of digital input with HDMI being the most popular, but I have seen both DVI and VGA on TV's as well. So just look on your laptop and on your screen and figure out what matches.

Thanks man!

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Look out, vortmax, you're cutting into my business. The first difference between people that fix things and people that pay them is the willingness to look at the parts and see how they are built. You're giving away the secret to my success!