Dual phase shiftable sine wave outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autobot84

Joined Feb 11, 2011
Hi everyone, i am new here to the forum and just getting back in to the electronics thing. I am trying to build a circuit that will allow me to have 2 sine wave outputs that i can control the frequency of and control the angle of phase shifting between the two outputs. Does anyone know of a device that is pre-made or have any ideas on how to build such a circuit?

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
2 Signal generators, or a dual output signal generator.

Unless you were looking for power rather than reference/instrumentation/testing.

How many volts and how much current did you have in mind for each sine wave?

Autobot84

Joined Feb 11, 2011
Well the wire that i am using is rated to take no more than 300 v. The amps i'm not sure about to be honest. Its really part of an experiment using elctro-magnets. Actually after further thought square waves will do. I was thinking that i could us a 556 timer ic but i'm not sure if that is the best way to do this.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
There may be an easier way of accomplishing what you are doing if you explain the "big picture" of what is trying to be built. Nearly everything that can be built has been, and refined rather well.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Nearly everything that can be built has been, and refined rather well.
"I will ignore all ideas for new works on engines of war, the invention of which has reached its limits and for whose improvements I see no further hope."
- Sextus Julius Frontinus 100 AD

Everything that can be invented has been invented.
Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. patent office, 1899

and I couldn't resist this one:

“An amazing invention - but who would ever want to use one?”
President Rutherford B, Hayes made a call from Washington to Pennsylvania with Alexander Graham Bell's telephone, patented on 7 March 1876

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I should have used "mostly", especially when it involves electromagnets.

I'm not saying there's never going to be anything new under the sun, but when just starting out in electronics, many people come up with complex solutions to simple problems, that is all.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I should have used "mostly", especially when it involves electromagnets.

I'm not saying there's never going to be anything new under the sun, but when just starting out in electronics, many people come up with complex solutions to simple problems, that is all.
I know what you were saying, and I actually agree completely that it's very silly to reinvent the wheel - which seems to be a favorite activity in this forum. But I just couldn't help myself.

Autobot84

Joined Feb 11, 2011
Well i am working on a project that involves two electro-magnets. It is a simple device that i heard about from the videos of a man called Stan Deyo. It is a supposed anti-gravity device. After watching his explanations about gravity, matter and magnetic fields, certain things i have wondered about sense i was a kid were made clear. I suggest you guys check it out. I would love to know what you think. It would also be nice to have some people to collaberate on this project with. Basically it requires 2 electro magnets that operate sligtly out of phase with each other. That is the "big picture" if you will. :)

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
While reading this thread. My humbug meter started to behave erratic and peaked on several occasions. Trying decouple the meter. Using several anti-hoax capacitors did not help much. The readings was still indeterminable. So I choose not to conclude on this one

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Just following the threads I wound up in places on the internet I've never been. Nor likely to be again. A whole new branch of pseudo science I kinda knew was out there and never bothered with, along with conspiracy theories (such as reptilians) that didn't all involve Illuminati or FreeMasons.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_huntley.htm#menu

Going over the OPs request, you can control frequency and you can control phase shift, but with the latter case the frequency will be the same as the first. For precision you would need digital techniques, by generating to sine waves from digital synthesis. The circuitry is complicated, but once build adjusting is easy.

That could be overkill however. A simple sine wave oscillator (analog) followed by an equally simple RC network could create whatever you wanted. It is the adjustment and stabilization that would be the challenge with that method.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
its called electrogravitics
i find the topic interesting, but am doubtful it works
if it did, the government would be all over it.
best of luck though.

Last edited:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
It occurred to me that this is a variant on the Dean drive, a source of reactionless thrust - http://davidszondy.com/future/space/dean_drive.htm

Even though the article's author says otherwise, Dean's principle was printed in a later issue of Analog. The "drive" consumed energy, but used a mechanical kludge to let a spun weight generate thrust. When placed on a bathroom scale and operated, the weight on the scale apparently diminished.

Guess "they" don't want us to know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.