dual circuit switch help

Section8

Joined Apr 9, 2009
Hi guys.

My electronics knowledge is extremely rusty so I was hoping some of you on here could help me with a problem I have.

I need to have a switch control 2 circuits.

It is for a lap timer on a motorcycle. I don't think either circuit needs the switch to latch, just need to send a pulse to my dash.

Press and hold for 1.5-2 seconds to send a signal to circuit A (timer start/stop)
Momentary presses to send a signal to circuit B (go to next lap)

Thanks for any help you can offer. :)

Section8

Joined Apr 9, 2009
Ok, I had a rethink.

The reason I need this is because I am going to replace my current headlights (low beam on the left/high beam on the right) with dual low/high beam HID projector headlights with halos. I need to replace my right hand controls to one from an older bike to get the 'lights off / side lights (halos) on / dip beam on' control. Unfortunately my lap timer start/stop is on my right hand controls so I was thinking I could use the starter button to control the starter when the engine is not running and to control the starting and stopping on the lap timer when it is.

I have tried to design the logic to the best of my ability but I desperately need some help to design the actual circuit.

Any help anyone can give me would be great appreciated.