DSU/ CSU and T1

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by electronis whiz, Aug 30, 2012.

1. electronis whiz

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    earlyer this week i was gevin a couple of old digital link solo encore T1 snmp DSU/CSUs. i found a manual however it don't relly cover much other than some configuration and setup for an advanced user. somone said they were relly old because there baud was relly low, but that was for com port so they seem to be normal T1 i would guess. i was just going to part them out till i relized they were wrong. i see 2 prots in front of it i am guessing the t1 goes in there. they look like head phone jacks, but say snd in and rcv out.the back has power/batery and a 25 pin data port and a 15 pin port both female and the D type conector.on one of them the 15 pin had an adaptor to an rj45 port. i'm not sure of the ports uses and the manual just says a tiny bit about them. any explanation of the purpose of how these ports are used. also don't eactly understand all the buttons and the manual don't adress it much. any info on this apreaciated think it would be something good to know about since i'm going into network administration. here is a link to the manual since it won't upload. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&ved=0CDgQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.interlinkweb.com%2Fquickeagle%2Fmanuals%255CSolo-T1-IBIPM-User-Guide.pdf&ei=nSNAUMqWIrH4igLq2IDQDQ&usg=AFQjCNFRD3a2MTO5rg9Rdi6mxuHsRQi9Xg&sig2=_GnZzjyeo9ZUmRj9HfWfUg

also i was then thinking where were at ther are only 2 options for internet dial up type setup or satalite. curently we are with hughesnet but want to go to something else. DSL is out of range by about .5 mi so i'm thinking i wonder if a fractional t1 would be posible and what it would cost. i have onley seen things on T1 and thats like $600 a month. it don't even need to be relable like a T1 it just has to work beter than dial up. so DSL would be fine except the range. any ideas if a partial T1 would work and aprox how much?
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012