dsPIC33FJ128GP802 UART pins on 28 pin DIP

rotabeast

Joined Jan 14, 2010
Hi,

I have scoured the Microchip datasheet for this device, and although it includes a section on the UART, it is not specific as to the pins of the DIP that the CTS and RTS etc are assigned to. I have looked very carefully at the pin - out of this device, and it doesn't seem to allocate them on this either.
So i'm wondering if anyone has knowledge of this microcontroller, and if so, where are the UART pins!?

thank you in advance

regards

RB

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
IIRC, they are defined in software. There must be a section in the datasheet explaining how to assign the physical pins to the UART.

rotabeast

Joined Jan 14, 2010
yes, i understand that that is how to assign any function to pins in software, but in the pin diagram of the device, there is no indication of what pin the UART is assigned to, in terms of connecting a serial communications chip to the pic(eg, rs232 - MAX233). it must be hidden or written in invisible ink, because it really looks like it is not there!!yet, the datasheet confirms that there is a UART on-board..

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Read section 11 in the data sheet. Then find table 11-1, 11-2. These tables will tell you how to configure which pin used.