dspic30f4011 configuration word warning by PICkIT2

somchai

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Following are the questions
1. What does this error means "Warning: Some configuration words not in hex file. Ensure default values above right are acceptable. ."??

2. Is the problem come from the configuration word written in the program??. The program was build succeeded OR the pickit2 itself..

3.when I compare the configuration bits in mplab, the value is BFF6( Primary Oscillator Mode),7FFF(WDT Prescaler),
7F6F(POR Timer Value),0007(General Code Segment Write Protect),C003(Comm Channel Select) which follow the configuration word in the program.
BUT, what i saw in the configuration word editor in PICKIT2 is different:
FFFF (FOSC), 7FFF(FWDT),FFFF(FBORPBOR),FFFF(FBS),FFFF(FSS),FFFF (FGS),7FFF(FICD)..
Is this the cause of the problem??

#include <p30fxxxx.h>
#include "MSR_Config.h"
#include "Dijkstra.h"
#include "Encoder.h"
#include "Task.h"
#include "Motor_Control.h"
#include "Path.h"
#include "LCD_Commands.h"
// Device configuration settings
_FOSC(CSW_FSCM_OFF & XT_PLL8);
_FWDT(WDT_OFF);
#if _DEBUG
_FBORPOR(PBOR_ON & BORV_27 & PWRT_64 & MCLR_DIS);
_FBORPOR(PBOR_OFF & PWRT_64 & MCLR_DIS);
#endif
extern unsigned int msr_iTMR4Wrapped;

TQVM. i Hope my posting is easy to read although i dont know how to insert image to this post. Trying to improve.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
The configuration words have a default value determined by their erased state. Since you have not specified all of the various functions of the config words, PK3 is asking if those defaults are OK.

Its time to go through the config words, field by field, and specify real and understood values for everything they control.