dspic compiler mikroc

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by saman1969, Nov 2, 2012.

1. saman1969

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 2, 2012
    hi . when i use the instruction "INT2IE_bit = 1" in mikroc ver 4 editor for activating external interrupt 2 , after compiling the program , there is an error that means complier does not know this instruction , but if I type this instruction in mikroc ver 2 editor , my program would be compiled correctly . what is matter ? why mikroc ver 4 does not know this instruction? what can i do for activating an external interrupt in dspic cheap by mikroc ? would you please help me ?
    thanks

2. hexreader

Apr 16, 2011
    You forgot to tell us which dsPIC you are using. Maybe you have selected a dsPIC that has no INT2IE bit.

Current compiler version is V5.6.5. Why are you using such an old version?

You need a semicolon at the end of the code line - like this:

INT2IE_bit = 1; // compiles OK with version 5.6.5 mikroC pro compiler for dsPIC

3. saman1969

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 2, 2012
    dspic that I use is "P33FJ256GP710" , that has 5 external interrupt . please help me . thanks

4. hexreader

Apr 16, 2011
    INT2IE_bit = 1; // compiles OK with version 5.65 mikroC pro compiler for dsPIC on dsPIC33FJ256GP710

Maybe you should upgrade to latest compiler version.

... or maybe the problem is on the previous line of code.

I cannot find any problem with what you have shown (other than the missing ";" at end of line)

5. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Mikro C uses a hidden .C file to identify SYMBOLS such as INT2IE_bit which must match what PIC you are using. pick the wrong PIC and you don't get the symbols you need.

So check properties or wherever the PIC is set.

6. thomaskuhn

Jan 21, 2009
    This is regarding a commercial opportunity.