DSO problem

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Stane, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Stane

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Hi all,

When I power up my DSO400, there is a screen message "Calibration in progress...". Buttons are dead, scope is unusable. Any hint how to restore normal operation would be greatly appreciated. I'll be grateful if someone can provide service manual for this scope? I was googling internet for several hours, but have found only a user manual.

Stane

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  3. Stane

Jun 27, 2009
    Thanks for the reply. As for hijacking, I just wanted to use existing DSO400 theme instead of (re)opening a new one. Sorry about that. Thanks for the advice and link. It's a user manual, which I already have. Yes, section 3.8 is about special functions, but my problem is, that buttons are dead and I can't invoke menu. All I have is just a message "Calibration in progress..." sitting there forever.

Stane

4. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    The hijacking Bertus refers to is the original thread - http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=6316 - that was two years old.

We prefer you to open a new thread for each question, so we don't get confused about who we are answering.

If the critter has an internal uC, the ROM may be bad, so it never exits the calibration loop.

5. Stane

Jun 27, 2009
    Thanks beenthere. Next time, I'll rather open a new thread.

You're maybe right about rom being bad. I thought about that myself. I saw one DSO400 on UK eBay, but unfortunately, seller wants only UK bidders and I live in continental Europe. I thought, I could buy one of those just for spare parts. Nevertheless, I'd be not surprised to learn about some secret key combinations for invoking this and that.

Stane