Drug war too far? Or idiot LEO's?

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I'll have to pay attention next time I see one of them.
You'll probably need to see under the hood or ask the cop. Typically they will add some more mods and rename it the Taurus Interceptor, The Judge, Police Cruiser, etc.. It may just be an SHO but they may call it a police issue Taurus or something with no SHO badge. The cops don't want you to know you can out run them in a 30k car if you shop good. What county and state are you in? If you don't mind me asking, I can probably find out what they drive.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Heres the new Ford Taurus Police Interceptor. Its actually way slower then the SHO or Si/Type R. Heres pic and specs. Slow arsed car for a cop car.

Police departments across the States now have one more engine option for a total of three when it comes to Ford's Taurus-based Police Interceptor sedan, as the Blue Oval is introducing a 3.7-liter twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT) V6engine to the car's range.
This is the same 3.7-liter V6 unit with an output of 305-horsepower and 279 lb.-ft. of torque found on the Explorer-based Police Interceptor Utility Vehicle, and it will squeeze between the already available 285hp flex-fuel 3.5-liter V6 and the 365HP 3.5-liter EcoBoost twin-turbocharged V6.

According to Ford, the horsepower and torque ratings of the 3.7-liter engine are the highest of any naturally aspirated V6 offered for pursuit-rated sedans in the country.

With this engine, the Police Interceptor Sedan achieves a fuel economy of 25 mpg (9.4lt/100km) on the highway, 18 mpg (13.1 lt/100km) in the city and 21 mpg (11.2lt/100km) combined.

“This combination of great performance and top-notch fuel economy means law enforcement agencies won’t have to compromise power or fuel efficiency while getting the job done,” said Bill Gubing, chief engineer for Police Interceptor.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
And the amazingly corrupt Memphis police cars! Check out the bling! I have a new sports edition car that doesn't even have these rims, better tires, but not as good of rims

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Lovely to see my tax dollars at work.
If I could just get my tax dollars to buy me a car like that!
I take it you haven't seen the Porches and Vettes yet? Also how about that water system 12? Never fails does she!

Also I'm not sure but the 80's/90's police issue 5.0 mustang is why cops got nicknamed 5-0. In the hippy crowd their called 6-up. I have no idea why. Or I should correct that, someone yelling 6-up is a hippy alert that police presence is near.

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
"Any tree that runs is a meth tree,any tree that stands still is a well disciplined meth tree."
That's because his dealer's behind him.

Dealer: Stand still or you will never get another baggy.

Tree: Keep it together......Ok, I'm a rock........I'm a rock:rolleyes:

luvv

Joined May 26, 2011
5.0 Liter, 302 cui ?

Perhaps the most mod-able/modded engine ever made.

I cut my driving teeth in a early 90's model Mustang GT, 50-50 weight ratio 5 liter road owning beast.

Memories............