Drug war too far? Or idiot LEO's?

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I don't know how to make a poll so I thought I'd throw this article out there. Up north an old lady and husband were raided by the police in a search warrant for a meth lab. Turns out they just made maple syrup. They saw tubes running from trees into buckets and figured they must be making meth??? Do you think this is just over kill on policy (Not Polititics) or a couple idiots with badges that don't know what their doing?
http://news.yahoo.com/video/drug-agents-swarm-reported-meth-203659348.html

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
they are obligated to follow up on any tip. Something like this certainly warrants an investigation. Maybe they are having a hard time filling drug-related arrest quota since Washington State decided to legalize.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Even from the little I know from national geographic its obvious its not a meth lab. Just seems shotty police work or cops oversteping their bounds. You have to have more of a cause then buckets.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Standard policy to send a truck full of armed people and a search warrant before even looking at the property by driving by it? Sounds stupid to me, but not as stupid as the somebody that thought meth comes from maple trees.

So, the question remains: Profound stupidity? Too many cops with nothing to do? All that cop equipment laying around with nobody to use it on? A dirty trick by a disgruntled neighbor or the son's jilted girlfriend? Some local cop trying to punish them for beating a traffic ticket?

WE will never know.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
It happens over here quite a lot too, seen it on the news a few times. It seems that if someone calls the police they just turn up with a battering ram and armed officers without checking anything out.
I'm a little worried that someone might smell the hops boiling when I'm making beer and confuse it with the smell of an illegal herb.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Stupid cops, are like stupid criminals.

Both are adrenaline junkies, they're motivated by the first thing that rolls through their tiny little heads.
How's that old joke go? "Before joining LEO you have to do a IQ test and a psych test. To get accepted you have to fail at least one test. If you fail BOTH tests they make you a sargeant." ;)

It's about time the world grew up and stopped busting people based on their choice of entertainment. It would free up a huge amount of LEO resources to catch the REAL bad guys in the world.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
To get accepted you have to fail at least one test. If you fail BOTH tests they make you a sargeant." ;)
Good one. I grew up around Musicians and Bikers, both were in trouble with the law from one time or another.

A Sargent on the local Police Force was nick named, (Barney Fife)Mayberry RFD

His antics earned him the name, one time a big Drunken Indian took his gun and handcuffed him to his car:p

No time to tell the rest.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I vote BOTH. I think that most of the drug laws are a breach of our rights, and you can google "police excess force ____________" (fill in any topic) and get more hits than you have time to read.
I try to avoid this topic because, if everybody knew my opinion, if I allowed myself to go on a proper rant, some idiot with a badge would believe it is worth trying to find out who I really am and make my life miserable for a long time. I speak from experience.

ps, the way I heard that old joke was: The only difference between cops and criminals is which side of the bars they are on.

ps again...We need more laws to keep meth trees out of the hands of criminals!!!
(There. Now I look too stupid to track down and harass.)
Edit: Make that too patriotic to track down and harass.

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I try to avoid this topic because, if everybody knew my opinion, if I allowed myself to go on a proper rant, some idiot with a badge would believe it is worth trying to find out who I really am and make my life miserable for a long time.
I had a good 8 page rant about it recently, in a final (research) paper for my composition class. 2 pages of works cited. Felt good to get that out ;)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
It happens over here quite a lot too, seen it on the news a few times. It seems that if someone calls the police they just turn up with a battering ram and armed officers without checking anything out.
I'm a little worried that someone might smell the hops boiling when I'm making beer and confuse it with the smell of an illegal herb.
Or mash from a liquor still. They'll knock your door down for that too.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
"I try to avoid this topic because, if everybody knew my opinion, if I allowed myself to go on a proper rant, some idiot with a badge would believe it is worth trying to find out who I really am and make my life miserable for a long time."

I'm just the opposite, I spread this stupid "Police State" news, all over the net.

Keeping quiet...is what got us into this mess. Too damn old to stay quiet about it. Probably because, I remember when we had real Freedoms.

Just my honest opinion.:cool:

I don't see it stopping anytime soon.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
That's how I feel too metalmann. Not because I'm old though, its because I'm young. I have to live in this world for a lot longer yet, and is prefer to live those years with some freedom.

I've been cautioned by concerned family about the things I say on facebook and in public. Well im not goung to stop. I'm not going to live in fear. The more I speak out openly, the more I embolden others to do the same. The more people boldly challenging the powers that oppress, the less likely they are to oppress further. We got where we are by not challenging. By rolling over every time things are scary. And by simply not caring. I consider it my mission to make people care, and make them care enough to act.

My respect for This site and its TOS is the only thing keeping the off topic section from being flooded with political rants from me.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I don't know how to make a poll so I thought I'd throw this article out there. Up north an old lady and husband were raided by the police in a search warrant for a meth lab. Turns out they just made maple syrup. They saw tubes running from trees into buckets and figured they must be making meth??? Do you think this is just over kill on policy (Not Polititics) or a couple idiots with badges that don't know what their doing?
http://news.yahoo.com/video/drug-agents-swarm-reported-meth-203659348.html
It is well known fact that to much sugar. Can make children quite hyper. So in this case I think it was correct to check things out:p

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I read an article yesterday about a couple from Ohio in their 60's driving thru Tennessee (AFAIK). They were pulled over by a task force of several LE agencies, and during questioning were asked why they had a pot leaf sticker on their bumper, as apparently said sticker was the "probable cause" in the stop.

Apparently the buckeye doesn't range that far south.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I read an article yesterday about a couple from Ohio in their 60's driving thru Tennessee (AFAIK). They were pulled over by a task force of several LE agencies, and during questioning were asked why they had a pot leaf sticker on their bumper, as apparently said sticker was the "probable cause" in the stop.

Apparently the buckeye doesn't range that far south.

I read that too. How dumb are these cops. You'd think they would get some sort of drug training in the police acadamy but I guess each states different. Our old QB was arrested in NY for driving under the influence of Marijuana. The cop that pulled him over said the smell was so strong it made his face go numb for 30-45 minutes. Now I'm not Tony Montoya or anything but I know thats impossible. Luckily so did the judge and he threw out the case.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Picture of Buckeye tree leaves.
and once again several law enforcement agencies demonstrate the power of combined ignorance.

Attachments