Drinking custom

CVMichael

Joined Aug 3, 2007
I just want to know if this is a world phenomenon,or just our feature.
Here in Canada Toronto; drinking at work is viewed as a very unprofessional thing, you can get fired very easily for that. Going out on lunch with coworkers is a common thing though, but alcohol is used only on special occasions, and even then in small quantities, like one beer, or a glass of whine, nothing strong.
But I do work in a higher class (than average) company, where casual suit is mandatory. So maybe in lower class, drinking is acceptable (but I don't think so).

I don't drink at all, well, only on special occasions, and even then I usually don't finish a beer.

On the other hand, I come from Europe (16 years ago), and there if you don't drink you are not considered a "man" (from some people's point of view).

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I 'm not in the lookout for a job yet, but my father and many acquaintances work in positions that require a suit and I can tell you that going out with colleagues isn't mandatory nor a prerequisite for a promotion. Being a good worker and a reasonable person is more important. Of course arse lickers still exist and thrive but this is another story.

Of you can always go out with colleagues if you feel like it. How that will go depends on how you like to spend your free time. My father prefers taverns to expensive restaurants, and yes, handling alcohol is a plus. Getting drunk on the other hand doesn't do you any good, though.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
L. Chung is with us now,part of the off topic guys and girls.
Look at my picture on my album, I don,t look like the drunk
type..Having fun In the ocean.

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
I mean when after work,people in one department go out for wine,or somebody has something to celebrate,he may call some people go out .nobody drink wine during work,at lunch nobody drink, if so ,funny,haha.:D