Drill machine connected with PC

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hi
I work on L.E.D. Manually design Screen For customers.
I need some sort of Machine which should operate automatically with PC and Drill according to design in Backellite material Of 4mm
Is there any method?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Off the shelf, you could use a PCCT drill machine, these typically use Gerber files generated from Pcct layout design .
You could put one together if interested using a PC and free Mach3 software, you would either need to pick up a small bench top 2 1/2 axis CNC drill/router machine or put one together from one of the many kits.
You can also get more info in going the DIY route at the CNCzone.
Max.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
As you said gerber file is generated for PCB design but here i want the coreldraw design in Dots format layout on 4mm backillite sheet....

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
But if you want a computer driven drill machine, off the shelf or DIY, then you need a file that is compatible with the software that operates most common machines.
There are some programs that will convert bitmap formats to a vector file, or even DXF to machine format.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNC_router
A small engraving machine could also be adapted?
Max.

Last edited:

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
The maximum size is 8x4 feet, it can be custom between this.

it is like pcb material of thickness 4mm on which led is to be mounted and manually soldered.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Still the question, do you want to build or buy ready-made?
There are many CNC options to chose from of both types.
The cheapest way is Mach3 with the parallel port output to stepper drives.
Max.

clickclack

Joined Sep 30, 2014
A 4x8 foot sheet of material is going to require a machine with at least that much area on the working bed, that's a substantial machine and will require either quite a bit of money to buy or a lot of work and a steep learning curve to make yourself. I have made such a machine and it took me years and several tries before I got what I considered to be an acceptable level of performance.

If you want to make your product for your customers rather than spending time making and then troubleshooting a machine you would be better off buying one, building such a machine even to drill thin PCB material is definitely not a trivial task and there are a lot of technical details in electronics, programming and mechanics you have to get right in order for it to work properly.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Still the question, do you want to build or buy ready-made?
I think Buying will be fine than wasting time on research.
It does not matter if size will be small i can make module and joint them all.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
You maybe should research the possible builders of CNC router tables in India that can be adapted for just drilling, you probably do not require anything with much power as a spindle motor.
I am assuming at a 4'x8' sheet that you are doing nested parts, not one sheet per item?
If so how are the parts separated afterwards? Also when purchasing pay attention to the claimed accuracy as if you are drilling already outlined nested parts, accuracy may be an issue.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Does this mean that you will be supplied a Complete list of parts to assemble the whole Machine?
Obviously 'some assembly will be required'
You didn't confirm whether you need precise positioning as in already outlined nested parts, as this will be a deciding factor for final accuracy.
Also I would not go with the spindle shown, they are very High rpm that do not operate below around 6krpm and use a Huanyang VFD which are not very high quality and is a bit of overkill for just drilling small holes.
Max.

Last edited: