Dreams of electronics engineers &hobbyists

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I've had a lot of different experiences in my life. I've seen lots of different things from a lot of different perspectives. More so, I think, than most.

I feel sorry for the 35 year olds in their mom's and dad's basements who think the world owes them a living and a life. I've worked an extraordinary range of jobs starting at nine y.o. and left home early and never looked back.

A well lived life tends to age you -- but in a good way.

Edit: I chose my avatar on purpose.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
joey's right, we are logarithmic.
Very interesting analogy... maybe it doesn't apply to memories only, but to physical deterioration as well, the difference between an 80 and a 90 year old person are far larger than those of a 30 and a 40 year old one.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Very interesting analogy... maybe it doesn't apply to memories only, but to physical deterioration as well, the difference between an 80 and a 90 year old person are far larger than those of a 30 and a 40 year old one.
Well, duh. Don't you remember that graph I posted a while back? You liked it, IIRC.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
When I was young I had a similar dream, except I had also forgotten my pants!
Odd for me maybe but the naked in public dreams don't really bother me.

About the only thing that does get to me a tiny bit are dreams about unfair things that were done to me as a kid which always seemed to be done by the same people who loved to say that life was unfair. Well, of course it was unfair. They were the ones taking advantage of that concept at my expense at the time and they knew it. Dream wise other than that nothing really gets under my skin anymore. :rolleyes:

As a kid I had the emotional skin of a peach but as the years have worn on I'm pretty close to having the emotional skin of a tractor tire now which is probably why I don't have much in the lines of bad dreams any more. That and when someone tells me life is unfair and tries to take advantage of me I drag them out of site, beat them half senseless then take all there stuff and tell them they are right. Life is unfair.:p

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Odd for me maybe but the naked in public dreams don't really bother me.

About the only thing that does get to me a tiny bit are dreams about unfair things that were done to me as a kid which always seemed to be done by the same people who loved to say that life was unfair. Well, of course it was unfair. They were the ones taking advantage of that concept at my expense at the time and they knew it. Dream wise other than that nothing really gets under my skin anymore. :rolleyes:

As a kid I had the emotional skin of a peach but as the years have worn on I'm pretty close to having the emotional skin of a tractor tire now which is probably why I don't have much in the lines of bad dreams any more. That and when someone tells me life is unfair and tries to take advantage of me I drag them out of site, beat them half senseless then take all there stuff and tell them they are right. Life is unfair.:p
You see? Everything works out well in the end!

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
You see? Everything works out well in the end!
Yea. Pretty much all my ingrained issues come from before age 16. :(

The majority from about age 5 when kindergarden started until age 16 when I got into HS and had proven that no one was going to change who or what the good lord designed into me. :eek:

Looking back I try to think of it as turning iron ore into tool steel. ;)

If I didn't I'd probably have to cry myself to sleep tonight. :oops:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I'm pretty sure I spent more of my school years grounded from everything non essential to life for things I had little to no control over than anyone should have ever been rationally subjected to. :(

That's where my bad dreams come from. I really honestly hated being a kid. It was not a fun time in my life for me. :mad:

But it is largely what drives me today to do what's right to and for others, rational sympathy and compassion, and never fear going after someone who is willingly doing wrong to others for personal gain.;)

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
But it is largely what drives me today to do what's right to and for others, rational sympathy and compassion, and never fear going after someone who is willingly doing wrong to others for personal gain.;)
If such is the case, then kudos to you, my friend. Compassion is becoming a lost value nowadays.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I think there is a lot of compassion in the world. It's just highly misdirected and misused is all. :(

Sure I can feel bad for most anything and everything that happens but honestly that's where it has to be rationalized or it get abused.

Children living in a an abusive home with irrational outrightly bad parents need compassion and then some. The dumb fool who keeps screwing his life up by his own avoidable actions and choices in life. Well not so much. By my reaonding they need a few good swift kicks in the ass at minimum.

Same with low income people. If they are in a bad place because of circumstances they couldn;t avoid or for see, sure they are worthy of some compassion and understanding. I've been there a few time in my life.

But if they are just lazy ass sponges or think they are entitled to live off the misplaced compassion of others, heck no. They need to be dragged out into field in the middle of the night and beat down until a basic work ethic sets in. Especially so if they have children. :mad:

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Woke up from a dream again this morning. At least I didn't wake up screaming, just the cold sweats.

Two women: a blonde who looked a lot like Penny in The Big Bang Theory, and a brunette who looked a lot like a women I had dated 30 years ago or so. Somehow, in my infinite wisdom, I had asked each to marry me. And the weddings were scheduled on the same day, this coming Saturday.

Not good. Not good AT ALL.

For part of the dream, I was in some sort of Command Center that was run by the brunette, trying to get my laptop to communicate with some piece of equipment she had there. I don't know what it was, but it was extremely important and we were getting very frustrated and short-tempered with one another because we just couldn't get it to work.

So I left, and went looking for the blonde. I tried first at her country club, but she wasn't there and the crowd on hand seemed to think I wasn't dressed properly. I finally found her in the community garage. She drove an ancient, beat-up Trabant (an East German car from the Cold War era) and was welding pieces of an old Citroën body onto the outside to improve the Trabant's looks. She was busy, and didn't acknowledge my presence.

Gradually it dawned on me that 1) I couldn't marry both of these women, at least not on the same day, 2) I was going to have to tell one of them the deal's off, 3) whichever one that was, she was going to be very, VERY angry with me, and 4) I was in deep doo-doo.

Then I woke up.

Willen

Joined Nov 13, 2015
And...did anyone pee on bed when peeing on dream? :) This was the most memorable dream during childhood. I am asking because I want to know it's common or not. Maybe onebody will say 'I used to', if they used to though.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
and a brunette who looked a lot like a women I had dated 30 years ago or so. Somehow, in my infinite wisdom, I had asked each to marry me. And the weddings were scheduled on the same day, this coming Saturday.
Maybe you were trying to mend something in your dream...

Was this boy here, you? and the girl your brunette? Notice who starts the situation...

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Nope.

I may be imagining things, but I sense some hostility between those two...
I suspect that he is reacting as this being openly suggested by his own mother in front of him. He even questions that at a certain point.

No matter WHO, unless orphan, behind any woman or man, there is a mother... Learnt that too late.