Drawing a Logic Diagram

mcc123pa

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Hi-

Here are the directions for this problem:
Draw a logic diagram for the following Boolean expressions. The diagram should correspond exactly to the equation. Assume that the complements of the inputs are not available.

F= XYZ+X'Y'+X'Z'

Should I attempt to manipulate it due to what the directions say? If I manipulate it, I got it down to this:
F= XYZ+X'(Y'+Z')
Is this correct at all? Should I manipulate it further before drawing the diagram? Please advise. Thanks.

Well, it does not say simplify the equation...but it does say that the diagram need to correspond exactly the same as the equation. Well in practical application the equation must be simplified in order to use the least number of logic gates. Well I guess there is nothing wrong if you simplify it since it would manifest the same result, well you can play safe and draw a logic diagram exactly as the original equation or you could simplify(which I think is a must for this kind of problem). Just don't forget the second instruction about the inputs on your problem.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
No, draw it as stated. You get a freebee this time, to show you how it can be done.

I used my PaintCAD program, which includes a complete set of logic gates. I find I can simplify from a logic diagram much easier than boolian algrebra (which I am very rusty at).

Attachments