DPDT relay with diode

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by heman90210, Nov 20, 2010.

1. heman90210

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Hello , this is my first post so go easy on me :D

I have a test in a week that will decide weather I can stay in the program or not. It's all about relays , DPDT relay and timer relay.

I want information on the DPDT relay or , more specifically, the Altronix RBSN relay module. The Pos and Neg are connected together via diode. I need to know how I can connect it to a switch , 2 voltage source (ac or dc) and a motor. I need to know how I can build a latch system with the DPDT relay. I need to understand the "AND" logic and the "Or" logic connection. I need to know which wire goes where and why. I can understand the diagram well and can build a work example from it. However, I don't know how to start drawing the diagram. I realize that I am asking for much so a simple link will do. A video would be even better.
  2. guitarguy12387

Apr 10, 2008
    Hello and welcome!

Have you tried looking through google or the text/videos on this site? There is lots on relays and logic.

Otherwise, it may be easier for us to help you if you give an example problem and we can help you work through it?

Best of luck!
  3. bertus

Apr 5, 2008

There is not to much info on the module on the internet.
    I only found a PDF with some connection schemes.

4. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Got this off the manufacturer's site.

Coupled with the pdf that bertus posted, you have all you need to answer your question.

I did not see a diode connected across the pos and neg terminals.