double sided prototyping board

Nathan Hale

Joined Oct 28, 2011
Hi folks. Why and when do people use double sided prototyping PCB board? Tried googling the question and got nothing.ty

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Those boards are single pad per hole and are through-hole plated. That allows you to have components on one side and connections/wires on the other with easy soldering of either. John

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Yup, those are very much like the ones I use, and they're very nice to work with. The thru-holes are much more robust than the old brown boards without plated thru-holes.

Components could go on both sides, but I admit never using one that way - too hard to design. I put components on one side and most of my interconnects on the opposite side. A few wires on either.

Depending on the board you get, I have a very nice drawing template already to use.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Yup, those are very much like the ones I use, and they're very nice to work with. The thru-holes are much more robust than the old brown boards without plated thru-holes.

Components could go on both sides, but I admit never using one that way - too hard to design. I put components on one side and most of my interconnects on the opposite side. A few wires on either.

Depending on the board you get, I have a very nice drawing template already to use.
the browns are better imo, u can remove components again and break them into pieces.