Don't taze me just yet

musicalavtech

Joined Mar 23, 2012
New here. I'm glad this forum exists. Hello to everyone.

Maybe I can accelerate my knowledge from info on this site. I've built many circuits, but mostly non-solid state. I worked a job for 3 years building machines that produce ss chips and know a little bit of that process. I want to build a few circuits for my motorcycle and music gear and stupid stuff in general. I'll be asking the gurus here for assistance for that which I haven't learned yet. Please be patient with this old fart.:D Hey, first question, does anyone recommend a free circuit simulator like 'Circuit Simulator', but better???, that works with old PPC Macs?

I'm going to poke around the site...do searches, and eventually bug the crap out of ya. Ha ha. Thanks. Greg

Last edited:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
New here. I'm glad this forum exists. Hello to everyone.

Maybe I can accelerate my knowledge from info on this site. I've built many circuits, but mostly non-solid state. I worked a job for 3 years building machines that produce ss chips and know a little bit of that process. I want to build a few circuits for my motorcycle and music gear and stupid stuff in general. I'll be asking the gurus here for assistance for that which I haven't learned yet. Please be patient with this old fart.:D Hey, first question, does anyone recommend a free circuit simulator like 'Circuit Simulator', but better???, that works with old PPC Macs?

I'm going to poke around the site...do searches, and eventually bug the crap out of ya. Ha ha. Thanks. Greg
Hi Greg. Welcome to AAC :)

The first thing I want to say is that you probably shouldn't ask for the circuit for your motorcycle. According to the Terms Of Service, no automotive modification discussions are allowed here. This includes Cars/Trucks, motorcycles, and ATVs. If you start a thread on one of those topics, it will likely be closed by the moderators. It has to do with safety issues--I hope you understand.

As for the circuit simulator, I would recommend trying LTSpice, which is a free program that allows you to draw circuits and monitor it while the simulation is running. I would definitely recommend it for a beginner in this section of the field. It is fairly easy to use, and there is a lot of literature out there regarding it. You shouldn't have any trouble learning how to use it.

Good luck!
Regards,
Der Strom

[EDIT] On second thought, I'm not sure if LTSpice works on old PPC Macs. Worth looking into, though....

musicalavtech

Joined Mar 23, 2012
Thanks. I'll be corrected on issues concerning vehicles.

I have Circuit Simulator now, and it's ok, but not enough components to add in a circuit. I'll check the LTSpice.

Hi Greg. Welcome to AAC :)

The first thing I want to say is that you probably shouldn't ask for the circuit for your motorcycle. According to the Terms Of Service, no automotive modification discussions are allowed here. This includes Cars/Trucks, motorcycles, and ATVs. If you start a thread on one of those topics, it will likely be closed by the moderators. It has to do with safety issues--I hope you understand.

As for the circuit simulator, I would recommend trying LTSpice, which is a free program that allows you to draw circuits and monitor it while the simulation is running. I would definitely recommend it for a beginner in this section of the field. It is fairly easy to use, and there is a lot of literature out there regarding it. You shouldn't have any trouble learning how to use it.

Good luck!
Regards,
Der Strom

[EDIT] On second thought, I'm not sure if LTSpice works on old PPC Macs. Worth looking into, though....