Don't drink the water

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
This is actually a fact that happens all the time. Its no big deal. Every town/city/province has a water supply and resiviour. Usually attatched to a naturally body of water, sometimes to get water, sometimes to prevent flooding. Well anyways my friend was a tow truck driver. He would tell us crazy stories about calls he's take most way too crazy to post on this site. Anyways he said once or twice a year the city hires like 5 tow truck companies to come to the water resiviour and divers will go down and attach cables and they will pull out like 5-10 cars some with bodies still in them. I've also confirmed this happens a lot of places where huge resiviours are unguarded. Seems its the traditional place to dump something you don't want anymore.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Actually I think that water is treated from a reservoir before it comes into your home. If you know otherwise please keep it to yourself. Ignorance is bliss. :)

I an surprised that a cistern is used in the middle of LA. You would think that the particulates in the air would be enough to cause a health issue with rainfall water.

I live several miles from the city. Some folks have cisterns here but the water is only used to flush toilet, water gardens etc.

Many communities forbid the capture of rainfall.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Actually I think that water is treated from a reservoir before it comes into your home.
At least where we live this is correct. However, there is an off chance spring fed supply's may not.

The local municipality of SLC Utah, does filtrate the water from a reservoir, but, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case with the water where I live, which is spring fed.

They will add chlorine before they put it into holding tanks and delivering to customers.

I'm not sure how they do it elsewhere.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@Max, the car are dumped into old rock pits. They know the cars are down there,

they only dive when needed. The last time in south fla,they found a thirty year

missing guy. Rock pits don't hold drinking water.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Actually I think that water is treated from a reservoir before it comes into your home. If you know otherwise please keep it to yourself. Ignorance is bliss. :)

I an surprised that a cistern is used in the middle of LA. You would think that the particulates in the air would be enough to cause a health issue with rainfall water.

I live several miles from the city. Some folks have cisterns here but the water is only used to flush toilet, water gardens etc.

Many communities forbid the capture of rainfall.
Its treated but figuring they can't even get the Rx drugs out of the water with the filters I know they can't get everything out. Plus all the crap in the pipes, broken pipes with crap leaking into it. Tap water is rough. We have great tap water compared to most place but I still don't drink it without boiling it. We get a water boil warning about once or twice a month. 12 can verify that.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
@Max, the car are dumped into old rock pits. They know the cars are down there,

they only dive when needed. The last time in south fla,they found a thirty year

missing guy. Rock pits don't hold drinking water.
We don't have rock pits? Only thing we have is limestone and that don't hold water. Were at 0.001 ft above sealevel. If we dig a 4ft hole we end up with a pond. I do know quary's are used for this up north where there are quarys but our resiviours are too. He said the most disturbing thing was the 100's of blue crabs eating everything. Then people actually catch them and eat em in the ghetto (Hills Ave)

We get water from various sources. We have the Tampa Bay Resivours 2 or 3 I think, then we have a desalination plant, then we buy up all the water in the surrounding communities. When I used to live out in the county it was weird cause my water bill would come and it would be a check for $32.54 and it would show that we sold XX million gallons to Hills county for X dollars. My share was $32.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
A web search shows "boil water" warnings around Tampa Bay Dec 2010, May 2012, and Feb 2013.

Whew! You had me going for a minute. I wondered how many safety warnings I had missed.
None of them.
Three in 4 years is a lot different from, "once or twice a month".
If you find a bigger list, you are free to publish it.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Its treated but figuring they can't even get the Rx drugs out of the water with the filters I know they can't get everything out.
I never thought about the de-solved solids? It's like salt water, very hard to treat.

Unless, distilled?

Even then, I'm not sure it would be clean?

Clean water, a real problem anywhere in the world.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
A web search shows "boil water" warnings around Tampa Bay Dec 2010, May 2012, and Feb 2013.

Whew! You had me going for a minute. I wondered how many safety warnings I had missed.
None of them.
Three in 4 years is a lot different from, "once or twice a month".
If you find a bigger list, you are free to publish it.
They have many local water alerts all the time out in NPR and PR because of no sewers. Just watch the 6pm news. No doubt that many don't get cataloged. Also some are only for a few hours. They also don't count scheduled ones where their working on the lines. Just think how many times you've turned on your water and just heard Chhhhh-Chhhhhh-Chhhhh---SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...... and brown rusty water comes out for like 10 gallons.

See theres more for a Pasco search then Tampa Bay Search. But many are minor and our sealevel also contribs to contaminated water. Go county by county and seach em and you''ll see hundreds So search Hills, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk,etc each and you'll see tons!

Heres half a million for Pasco alone and figure if 1 in 100 is a water warning which they seem to be about 40% then thats 500 warnings.
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclie...44,d.eWU&fp=325fb61caa56eea6&biw=1280&bih=919

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Even though they called it a cistern, it's not what we, in this area, think of a cistern. Any place over a couple of stories high, like a hotel or office building, has a water tank on it. This is for water pressure in the building. It would take way more pressure in the mains to supply normal pressure on the upper floors of a building. So the water goes to a holding tank from the main, then to the lines in the building, using gravity.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
We still have many open water tanks here on attics + a decent mice and rats population.

I saw myself a tank with several decomposed mice corpses.

For your daily drinking water with pleasure from the government!

Raid a cannabis growth which does not affect anyone's health- big headline + a big urge to do it.

Raid the houses with dead mice in the attic tanks because of serious poisoning? Nope. Nobody really cares about the problem, no big headlines.

I smoke in the city sometimes, walk through a shopping mall, quite funny. Nobody really knows.

You should also know bacteria can live days on chrome steel door handles. Brass kills them within minutes.

Nannies in the US care about carbonated drinks, doctors association in the UK does so as well with quite absurd recommendations. As if these drinks really can cause obesity.

We need to fix this dead mice in the water tank problem first.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
The old west and our fore fathers drank wiskey to keep alive,water would kill you.

Drink up and don't worry about the water or distill the water. The dead rats may contain

chemicals that may be dangerous to your health.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
The old west and our fore fathers drank wiskey to keep alive,water would kill you.

Drink up and don't worry about the water or distill the water. The dead rats may contain

chemicals that may be dangerous to your health.
Little most people know about rats and mice.

They contain all sort of worms and trichines and bacteria.
A dead carcass as such is toxic.

This is a totally ridiculous neglect unbelieveable.

When people actually really die from fungal meningits, it is uncovered the trained staff in the factory just totally neglected it.

Maybe mice can transfer fungal meningitis too, especially 5 or 6 corpses in an open attic tank.

How about "War on insane living conditions in 1st world countries". Billions are spent to go after Marijuana- the attic tanks never get fixed.

You should actually drink bottled water.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
The tap water "tasted horrible," Baugh said. "It had a very funny, sweety, disgusting taste. It's a very strange taste. I can barely describe it."

But for a week, they never complained. "We never thought anything of it," she said. "We thought it was just the way it was here."
Knowing now what they didn't know then about the water is sickening, Michael Baugh said. "It makes you feel literally physically sick, but more than that you feel it psychologically. You think about it and it's not good."
Why would you even think about drinking water that tasted like that.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/21/us/california-hotel-water-corpse/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Bottled water is openly sold knowing it is tap water in U.S.

This has been proven several times by undercover reporters.
Have some of you heard about Voss Water https://www.vosswater.com/ or even worse bought it. You should know that the same source as they use for this water. Is also used as local public water source. So at that place people have the luxury to not only drink that fancy water. But also use to shower in it, flush the toilet. And whatever you use water for. I know we live in an unfair world
And oh yes forgot about this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfPAjUvvnIc

Last edited: