Doing IoT without electronics

IoVirtualT

Joined Nov 30, 2015
Since I don`t have much in common with electronics and I decided to try out with IoT I would like a few suggestions on how to move forward. I have tried with a platform that enables me to work on Internet of Virtual things - so that I don`t need hardware. What do you think about this option? Is it enough for the beginning? This is the site - https://iotify.io
Thanks

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Since I don`t have much in common with electronics and I decided to try out with IoT I would like a few suggestions on how to move forward. I have tried with a platform that enables me to work on Internet of Virtual things - so that I don`t need hardware. What do you think about this option? Is it enough for the beginning? This is the site - iotify.io
Thanks
I don't know. What do you plan to do with it? What do you know how to do? Why are you posting on an an electronics site if you only want to program a device?

It seems like spam to me. Are you associated with developing this virtual thing?

IoVirtualT

Joined Nov 30, 2015
Because it is an electronics forum I moved the topic to Off-Topic so I don`t trash forum.
I am actually starting as a developer - too young to know everything. So that is a no on the question about developing this thing. I think I should try learning a bit more about this and than come back.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Since I don`t have much in common with electronics and I decided to try out with IoT I would like a few suggestions on how to move forward. I have tried with a platform that enables me to work on Internet of Virtual things - so that I don`t need hardware. What do you think about this option? Is it enough for the beginning? This is the site - iotify.io
Thanks
It's like a bicycle with training wheels. Jump in get your feet wet, stumble around in circles of ever increasing radius, and loose the training wheels.