Dogs and toddlers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Wendy, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Wendy

Thread Starter Moderator

Mar 24, 2008
  2. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Its a spanial. They howl when the wind blows. Whats really cool if you can find it is the old photo gallaries of the old pit bulls from the 189X-19XX that were known as babysitter dogs. Pitbulls were known as baby sitters back in the day and there are 10's or 1000's of pictures of them with their babies. There quite cute to see this old picture that looks straight out of a movie and have a big pit bull in it you could of pulled right off a rap video.

3. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    reminds me of some old cartoons my grandma used to play when I would visit as a kid. They were the super old cartoons, black and white. Maybe it was popeye, but anyways I can remember a baby in a fenced in area outside, like a big kennell, with a dog, and the dog was babysitting the baby.

4. KJ6EAD

Apr 30, 2011
    The dogs only occasionally tear up the child.

5. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    as do human babsitters. I've seen enough of those "sitter abuse" stories to make me sick.

6. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    a proper screened and trained dog would never do that. Did you the most aggressive dog in the world is the Jack Russle Terrier? Followed by the chow and german shepard. Its also fact that pit bulls are more mentally stable then shepards or belgians.

7. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    I would have guessed the Chihuahua; I have never been around one that didn't growl and snap at me. If they were as big as Great Danes, they would be more dangerous than grizzly bears.

8. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Same with me and Jack Russles. They act nice and sweet and snuggle up to your leg. You start petting them, then within 5 minutes it never fails and the dog goes nuts and freaks out snapping and biting. Most are not reported because they just break the skin. Pits get a bad rap because when theres a big one that attacks it does severe damage. But 99.999% of the time its a humans fault. Whether it be a kid taunting the dog every day for 2 years then the dog learns to jump the fence, to the idiot gansters that train their dogs as protection dogs... That always pisses me off. A pit bull that loves his family needs not protection training. He will defend his family to the death with no training at all.