Does not know any thing about Microcontroller

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by wajeeh, May 23, 2012.

1. wajeeh

Thread Starter New Member

May 23, 2012
    hello guys i am a computer science student and i am does not know about micro-controller but i want to learn the programming of micro-controller can any one tell me about how i can start up with the micro-controller how much i have to learn .. plz suggest me tool for this purpose also suggest me books also ... remmmber i have a full command in java and c language but i does not know how to program micro-controller just also remmber my level is zero according to micro-controller is concern

2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
  3. wajeeh

Thread Starter New Member

May 23, 2012
    thanks also suggest me books

4. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Using a micro controller is equal parts of both programming and of electronics as you typically need to build up your own input and output devices, even if they are as simple as buttons and LEDs.

I do a lot of work with Microchip parts and can best direct you with those. I would suggest a development kit. These have an assembled board you can do experiments on, a programming device to get the code from your PC into that board, and a set of lessons for the board

Here's some good kits (note the Debug Express items of either):

Kits using PICkit 2

Kits using PICkit 3

5. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    As a tip. Use the same brand as your school use. If you plan to take some micro-controller class. It will give you a great head start

6. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009