does current go down the central wire here

recklessrog

Joined May 23, 2013
maybe it would be worth trying to connect the batteries differently. One from bottom left to top right, the other bottom right to top left! (eeeermm)

ranch vermin

Joined May 20, 2015
Ok I tried it, and I blew up the amp part of the multimetre.

why didnt someone point it out to me, instead of all the sarcastic n00b shootin' about a nothing mistake?

Honest mistake man, I just forgot about current. so the new diagram is here->

-..........+
.\......../.
..\......r..
...\..../...
....\../....
.....\/.....
......|.....
......|<- tapping point
......|.....
......|.....
...../\.....
..../..\....
...r....\...
../......\..
+........-.

so ill go through my next multimetre tomorrow! :)

ranch vermin

Joined May 20, 2015
Guys!! COMON! I blew up a multimetre.
amazing displays of beginners bravado!!!!

can someone please tell me - if you know, which i know some of you guys been here for a while, can i put batteries in inverse series together - to phase out the current??

thats what the design pattern does, if one battery has one leg missing - then there is current, if both batteries are there, there is no current, thats all the effect i want.

_+_-__-_+_
|.................|
|.................|

this could work too somehow, its just in series just backwards, to phase it out.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
the origional diagram just has two batteries shorted out connected together.current would flow between + and - on each battery, and theres no circuit for current to flow in the middle wire.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
the origional diagram just has two batteries shorted out connected together.current would flow between + and - on each battery, and theres no circuit for current to flow in the middle wire.
C'mon, alfacliff. You know magicians are never supposed to give away their secrets! Now I gotta sell my multimeter futures at a discount.

ranch vermin

Joined May 20, 2015
Thankyou for forgiving my n00bity again.

Thanks cmartinez for those kirchoff laws.

There is a circuit through the wire, from the - of one to the other +, and vice versa, so it actually flows both ways through the bottleneck, hopefully giving me the subtracted volts. (according to me ADDING RESISTORS NEXT TIME!!! -at both negatives in both batteries.)

Because only negative particles move through metal (not that im a particle expert at all, im more a pig headed non believer.) i should get 2 directions through each other.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
electrons will not pass eachother from one battery to the other. and having a wire from + to - on a battery, regardless what else is connected, will just run down the battery, or melt the wire.