Do you think it's feasible to run LTSpice and Eagle on a netbook?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by thakid87, Jul 16, 2010.

1. thakid87

Thread Starter Active Member

May 23, 2009
    I am getting a little netbook for school use and was curious if it will be able to run these programs.

I don't see them as programs that are anywhere near demanding but I don't know the recommend specs for each of these either.

Thanks for the help, guys.
  2. tom66

May 9, 2009
    You will be able to run them fine.

They will run a little slower, because a netbook's focus is on power savings, rather than performance.

It depends if you mind about waiting a few more seconds for a simulation to complete or an autorouter to work.

Most netbooks these days are really powerful. The minimum amount of RAM you'll find in one is about 1 GB, and the processors are usually the only cut down part. You have to remember that a lot of circuit designs are perhaps best done on big screens.
  3. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    I believe you will not have any problems running them on a "normal" netbook (Like the Acer Aspire Netbooks), as long as it is not the one running WindowsCE, I have seen people have issues running the simplest applications on those things.... but if it is running Vista or 7, you should not have any issues...

B. Morse
  4. dsp_redux

Apr 11, 2009
    I can confirm you that I'm currently running both of these on my netbook without any problems.
  5. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    2nd confirmation.. Running both on my Gateway Win7 64 netbook with NO problems.