Do you ever....

samuel.whiskers

Joined Mar 17, 2014
stop forgetting to put heatshrink on the wire before soldering a switch/terminal in place?? Just when I thought I'd grown out of that one.... did it twice today! :rolleyes:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
You are still ultimately responsible for Their screw-ups y'know...
No he's not. I have never once had a manager of boss take the blame for my screw up. I however have been blamed countless times for doing something wrong just like I was told to do so by my manager or boss. :(

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Yes, a boss is responsible for his subordinates. The boss may or may not accept the responsibility, but it is his, nonetheless. That doesn't mean the boss is always to blame for mistakes made by his subordinates, but blame and responsibility are two very different things. Sometimes accepting responsibility means taking whatever actions are necessary to prevent recurrence of the mistakes, up to and including terminating the subordinate. Most of the time, it's simply a matter of providing better instructions and/or tools to the subordinate, along with a supportive attitude.

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
No he's not. I have never once had a manager of boss take the blame for my screw up. I however have been blamed countless times for doing something wrong just like I was told to do so by my manager or boss. :(

I have been in that boat as well, and you had better believe I thoroughly documented the situation when I felt the "boss" was wrong, and in most cases, damn glad I did... :D

Tracecom, has a valid point as well...

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The thing that bugged me with integrating control systems for industrial machinery, the controllers started out reasonably large and hence the cable connections had nice large multi-pin connectors that were easy to see and solder the multicore cables to.
Gradually the controllers were reduced in size to a point where the connectors became micro miniature, and required the use of magnifiers, aggravated by eyesight that was not what it was.
The irony is the machinery was still as large, so the miniaturization advantage of the control was lost IMO! :confused:
Max.