Do u beleive in ?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
So do ours, sometimes. Generally the system works though, you just find yourself in jail paying through the nose.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Ur system works, how come ours don't ?
Ours doesn't work either. The only reason its so peaceful is only locals are here. So naturally their not gonna go beating on the cops and destroying their own property. All the busses around the country basically got grounded for the RNC because of the hurricane so no protesters could come that chartered busses(Which is a huge amount). While I am a protester at heart I'm actually glad all hte busses cancelled. Its actually been not too bad with this zoo in town and if you don't care you can just avoid downtown and some of the major roads and you won't even notice em. Also this area is about 80% Rep(Lots of old people).

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Everybody is watching the R.N.C. convention,when acting like they don't care.

Note the numbers,at this hour.....they are in cable and t.v. land.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I am grateful to hear that the police are not running amuck, but I still won't drive to Tampa this week.

If it is any consolation, I have been robbed a gunpoint twice by African policemen on duty, and in uniform.

I'd much rather be pulled over by a cop in America or Britain any day, knowing I'll be looking in my wallet for my driving lisence, rather than for bribe money.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
If it is any consolation, I have been robbed a gunpoint twice by African policemen on duty, and in uniform.

I'd much rather be pulled over by a cop in America or Britain any day, knowing I'll be looking in my wallet for my driving lisence, rather than for bribe money.
You can say that but the US has massive police corruption in many major cities. For instance New Orleans in the 90's was a mess. Had platoons of cops working for drug dealers as hit men, they would move drug shipments in their squad cars, and even park outside stash houses for protection. Its also happened in NY, NJ, Miami, etc... While its not as dangerous as africa or S america you can get into trouble here too. Corruptions everywhere,

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The part that worries me is when the police whip themselves up into an emotional state like they did in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina. They pretended they were in a state of seige and had to, "take back the city" so they did things like find 3 men delivering a truck full of drinking water, pretend they were a "threat", murder them, and place guns next to the dead bodies.

Now there are 4,000 of them in one or two square miles, dressed in riot gear, manning machine guns on boats and helicopters, blockading dozens of streets. There have been many police riots in the US. Two drunks arguing over a bottle of wine might set them off. I will not be in Tampa this week!

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
This is not politics people. This is abt what the press conference said about the incident in 8th February after the 7th Coup d'état

On 8th the police was on a rampage. Beating any one they come across. Spraying pepper spray on God's knows where. They target on head or neck/shoulder with the batter and to finish the job a kick in the groin and face. Even after the victim is on the ground.

So when everything finally got to court they say they go frustrated and emotional. But they did not say they were intoxicated..

Now what HRC report says is to investigate those cops who disobeyed on the 7th February . They said "No. Sir" directly to presidents face when he ordered them to stand down and to stop protesting. Which by law is not right.

But they did say "Yes Sir" to a million rufiyya each..!

Now the best part is the Cops who followed the orders are now under investigation. The Military allowed civilians to enter into the headquarters and give them orders on what to do. And I was there. Too bad I cannot show the video footage I have

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
R!f@@,

How was the government setup? Was there a Constitution or other document?

Now the best part is the Cops who followed the orders are now under investigation.
They will find out that "following orders" does not relieve them of their duties. Once the act is declared unlawful, they followed unlawful orders which they had a duty to ignore. History is replete with examples of "following orders" is not a valid defense for unlawful actions.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I beg to differ, the best part is the UN report that just came out and that all parties are urged to accept.

I think police and military have same mentality everywhere, it is the situation in which they act that is different and thus their actions vary slightly. But you will always find corruption, unnecessary brutality, and lust for power... RCMP is constantly investigating themselves (and clearing themselves) for wrong doings. Their behavior towards protesters in Toronto during the G20 summit was inexcusable, they were arresting old people and bystanders, so its everywhere.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
So, I guess we just opened our eyes to the big world.

Joe, I did not understand what u were asking.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
frank55 General Electronics Chat 10