Do threads get deleted after a while?

Cackles

Joined Feb 7, 2008
Im just wondering if your inactive for a bit do your posts + threads get deleted?

I had a thread about a PWM to drive around 20 LEDs. I lost the whole shebang on my HDD and have been rebuilding everything and anything over the last 3 months, 13 years of collecting crap HDD to HDD. Im finally at the stage of getting back to learning electronics. I had a bit of help on my specs etc. in the thread. If I need to start from scratch, then thats life I guess.

On the plus side my all important kids photos are safely backed up.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

In principle nothing is deleted from this forum.
All threads also get backupped into the archive.
You can always use the search button in the navigation bar to take a look in the older threads.
The only things that get deleted are SPAM and offending material.

For more details you can always ask the forum administrators Dave and jrap.

Greetings,
Bertus

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Im just wondering if your inactive for a bit do your posts + threads get deleted?

I had a thread about a PWM to drive around 20 LEDs. I lost the whole shebang on my HDD and have been rebuilding everything and anything over the last 3 months, 13 years of collecting crap HDD to HDD. Im finally at the stage of getting back to learning electronics. I had a bit of help on my specs etc. in the thread. If I need to start from scratch, then thats life I guess.

On the plus side my all important kids photos are safely backed up.
Threads and posts aren't deleted after a period of time, we retain them so they are searchable by someone who may be looking at a similar problem. Back in the old Invision days, there have been instances of threads going missing; we moved to vbulletin in 2006 and haven't experienced anything like that since.

As for the issue regarding your PWM thread, I can see no evidence of such a thread, whether moderated, deleted or cached for the "Cackles" account. Have you in the past used a different user account or was this done using the "Cackles" account? (There is an IP match on this account with another account).

Would I be right in suggesting: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=19655

Dave