Do the Chinese use their own junk?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by strantor, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strantor

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    I had the pleasure of installing a "made in china" braiding machine in a cable making plant last week. The owner had actually gone to china and picked it out. This thing was a heap. Familiar with Omron brand? well this thing had "Omkon" sensors all over it. the welds on it looked like someone had thrown silly putty at it from across the room. It had 480V ran through pushbuttons. Never had an electrician in the panel before, but it looked like a bowl of spaghetti - they didn't even bother installing wire trays, terminal blocks, or even panel stickies. not a single zip tie in there. They had used mangled garden hose for conduit. several shafts where just a rod through a hole, no bearing, no grease, nothing.

It got me wondering, do the chinese really use this stuff? It's an undeniable norm that things coming out of china are substandard quality & I don't see how the country could function if they used the same stuff they export. they must have 2 different quality profiles "homeland quality" and "export quality" - anybody ever been there who can attest to this?
  2. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
  3. tom66

May 9, 2009
    I suspect they do, unfortunately for them. Unlike in most democratic countries where freedom of speech is important, because people tend to speak out against these products. Whereas in China, there is a lot of government influence from corporations and from the "old" communist agenda, and speaking out against a Chinese product vocally is not likely to win you any favours.
  4. VoodooMojo

Nov 28, 2009
    of course they use their junk.
    Here's proof...

5. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Okay, 'nuff said.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.