Do NOT try this at home!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I must admit, that was cool!

I'll have to pass it on to some folks involved with LDRS (Large and Dangerous Rocket Shoot).

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
So, the lift is provided by a rotating wing?
There are quite a lot of these videos on Youtube but none of the rockets have any aerofoil shaped elements; they appear to get all their lift from thrust. The main section is just a tube with offset holes drilled in it and then packed with black powder.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So, the lift is provided by a rotating wing?
Maybe, but probably not. I think the rotation is primarily to get gyroscopic stability. It looked like it spun up pretty slowly, which might mean that it had quite a bit of inertia. Also, it looked like it did not lift off slowly as you would expect as the rotational speed reached the point of attaining positive lift, but rather that it jumped up and attained a pretty steady speed very quickly as though additional rockets fired once it got up to rotational speed.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Thailand rocket festival.
Max.
I have lived in southern California and serviced many Thai restaurants so I have an advantage on recognizing those 2 languages.

Want a funny? I was installing a ceiling fan in a Thai restaurant with my nephew. He was asking me questions in German and I was answering in Spanish. The Thai people seemed sorely frustrated about trying to understand us. :D

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I have lived in southern California and serviced many Thai restaurants so I have an advantage on recognizing those 2 languages.

Want a funny? I was installing a ceiling fan in a Thai restaurant with my nephew. He was asking me questions in German and I was answering in Spanish. The Thai people seemed sorely frustrated about trying to understand us. :D
Welcome to the multi-linguistical age... One of my brothers is married to a norwegian, and she speaks french, german, spanish, dutch, english and of course norwegian... my son's 17 and is now learning his third language, german that is... Every time he addresses me in that language I don't know if he's congratulating me or berating me...