Do moderators get paid?

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
hgmjr,check your home page,I was thinking about you today. Glad to see your post,

answers my question. My pm is full, got any gratis space for me.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Wouldn't it be great if I got a $1 for every person I help on AAC.
But no such thing. We are all in this pro bono.

google "gift economy"

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
If whoever owns it really does make loads of cash, is he laughing all the way to the bank, with people to mod for free?

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Noone gets paid, I think occasionally people donate money. The web says you can make 100k a year off adds but they don't wanna comprimise the site with adds. I'm for it. Make a lil money with some proper banners. Even $20k a year would be nice.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I don't know how much the site hosting costs, but I 'd bet over $500 a year. jrap doesn't accept donations, though, and the ads are very limited, if not non-existent.

We mods get paid though. I have paid my way out of university from moderating... NOT!
(Silly "not" jokes, gotta love English...)

Nah, we do this because we believe AAC is a neat place that deserves to be preserved.

I 'm a uni student, so I have a little time to spend. Bill and bertus, well, I don't know either.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
I don't know how much the site hosting costs, but I 'd bet over $500 a year. jrap doesn't accept donations, though, and the ads are very limited, if not non-existent.

We mods get paid though. I have paid my way out of university from moderating... NOT!
(Silly "not" jokes, gotta love English...)

Nah, we do this because we believe AAC is a neat place that deserves to be preserved.

I 'm a uni student, so I have a little time to spend. Bill and bertus, well, I don't know either.
So much dedication is pretty impressive. Thanks to all of you.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The internet is to anonymous as that people would feel they received a gift. How many just come here , ask a question, you write a whole essay and the never come back? Some of them appreciate the help they get, though.
I have received the gift of knowing electronics. I give this gift back to anyone who wants it. I have received many gifts a hundred fold from AAC.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I do not get payed.
I would not even except it if it would be offered.

I like this forum best of all forums I have visited.

I am an electronics service engineer for NMR and mass spectrometers.
My main interest is with RF stuff.

Bertus