dld semester project

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by haroonasaeed, May 25, 2010.

1. haroonasaeed

haroonasaeed Thread Starter New Member

hi can some1 plz tell me that what wud be the short and comprehensive project for digital logic design
  2. rickmartin

rickmartin New Member

Can you be more specific? If you are asking for help deciding on a digital logic project for a school project, you have several good choices: (simple) logic probe, flip-flop with LEDs, pulse generator, 555 timer circuits, (more complex) pic controller, PLC. Tell us more and we can help more.
    haroonasaeed likes this.
  3. haroonasaeed

i am working on random number generator circuit and actually i want to make a dice...i dont know how to generate a random ...but i do know that after generating i will show it by bcd decoder and than i will use seven segment to get the output..can you plea help me in this case that how can i generate a random number??
  4. retched

retched AAC Fanatic!

There is no TRUE random number. You can use a few techniques to fake a random number.

For instance, you can make a few lists of numbers in your own random order:
    LIST A 5,3,6,2,1,4
    LIST B 1,2,4,6,3,5
    LIST C 6,1,5,2,4,3

Do 10 lists.

And you can use a counter to count time for the roll. The user can press a button to start "shaking the dice" and press it again to "throw" the dice.

Take the time beteween the two button presses.

You can use the last digit of the timer (0-9) to tell the dice code which LIST to pull the random number from.
  5. n1ist

n1ist Active Member

You can use a fast counter that runs while a button is pressed (to roll the dice). If the counter runs fast enough, human reaction time is slow enough so the result is random.
    /mike
  6. haroonasaeed

ohh thats cool.....thanks im gonna try this:)
  7. Bill_Marsden

Bill_Marsden Moderator Staff Member

Be sure to have really good regulation on the power supply, since minor variation in current can favor some number over others. It won't be that obvious, unless you track the number over a lot of presses.
  8. bertus

bertus Administrator Staff Member