DIY Polygraph Machine

MCU88

Joined Mar 12, 2015
Dear experts,

Anyone here done an polygraph project? Interested in something standalone without any PC.

RayInMS

Joined Dec 12, 2012
Dear experts,

Anyone here done an polygraph project? Interested in something standalone without any PC.
The best polygraph equipment in the world is worthless without a skilled polygraph administrator. The biological metrics are pretty simple, but the delivery and interpretation are the not.

MCU88

Joined Mar 12, 2015
The best polygraph equipment in the world is worthless without a skilled polygraph administrator. The biological metrics are pretty simple, but the delivery and interpretation are the not.
Sweating, shaking and erratic pulse rate cannot be interrupted by the average person? Guilty.

RayInMS

Joined Dec 12, 2012
Sweating, shaking and erratic pulse rate cannot be interrupted by the average person? Guilty.
All those things can be indicative of other conditions other than untruthfulness. There is a reason that most federal agencies look to the Secret Service for training on and delivery of polygraph examinations. Read up on polygraphs and you'll see what I'm talking about.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
or very afraid. The polygraph is just an intimidation tool to make people confess easier. That confession might be true or a complete fabrication, with even a small amount of training on faking it's impossible to tell.

WPA

Last edited:

MCU88

Joined Mar 12, 2015
or very afraid. The polygraph is just an intimidation tool to make people confess easier. That confession might be true or a complete fabrication, with even a small amount of training on faking it's impossible to tell.
Nah I don't buy it...

Q: Are you an paedophile / monster?

Response: Stuttering the reply "no" then shaking sweating coupled with high pulse rate...

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Nah I don't buy it...

Q: Are you an paedophile / monster?

Response: Stuttering the reply "no" then shaking sweating coupled with high pulse rate...
or you were assaulted as a child and this is your reaction to remembering that event.

It's a very effective intimidation tool for the people who think it actually works. A true psychopathic monster would show little or no response to that question.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Those are all levels on my, "Pain scale from 1 to 10"
10: Unconscious
9: vomiting
8: shaking
7: sweating
6: irregular or accelerated pulse, increased blood pressure

See? No deception there! :D

MCU88

Joined Mar 12, 2015
or you were assaulted as a child and this is your reaction to remembering that event.
I think you would be angry as hell and want them dead.

It's a very effective intimidation tool for the people who think it actually works. A true psychopathic monster would show little or no response to that question.
I hear in America that when there is an murder in the family the Police offer members of family and associates of the victim an polygraph to clear their name off the suspect list.

MCU88

Joined Mar 12, 2015
Those are all levels on my, "Pain scale from 1 to 10"
10: Unconscious
9: vomiting
8: shaking
7: sweating
6: irregular or accelerated pulse, increased blood pressure
Like a couple of pigs swimming around in a puddle of shit in long bay jail for 20-years. I heard that when the Police had revolvers they used to play russian roulette with some of these scum bags.

MCU88

Joined Mar 12, 2015
Sure they do and it works.
But you've just murdered someone, they'll stick an needle full of truth serum (sodium pentothol) -- in your neck and you'll either hit the floor or stand up STRAIGHT shaking with an pulse rate of 200 BPM.

The Police in Australia will do anything to get their man. They'll bend the laws. They'll install people to drug you up on truth serum... until you fold.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
But you've just murdered someone, they'll stick an needle full of truth serum (sodium pentothol) -- in your neck and you'll either hit the floor or stand up STRAIGHT shaking with an pulse rate of 200 BPM.

The Police in Australia will do anything to get their man. They'll bend the laws. They'll install people to drug you up on truth serum... until you fold.
OK. Now you've exceeded my ability to suspend disbelief.
I'm out.

Yes MONEY!...

I miss living in an million-dollar house with a nice spa bath...
Well building something that already exists unless you have improved it substantially, has a small market (if any) won't get you the big house.

You need to get creative. A new doodad or sell all your old 16F887A's on eBay.

MCU88

Joined Mar 12, 2015
You need to get creative. A new doodad or sell all your old 16F887A's on eBay.
It seems like everything has already been done. And abstraction all seems to be FREE of charge on the Internet. Be nice to sell them in real life in my very own electronics retail shop for AUD $7.50 ea...

It seems like everything has already been done. And abstraction all seems to be FREE of charge on the Internet. Be nice to sell them in real life in my very own electronics retail shop for AUD $7.50 ea...
Ahh there's it is, everything hasn't been done, far far from it. You need to think outside the box young Jedi.

example:
The MK168 component tester. It used an ancient Atmel88 MPU to do something very creative with little more than 6 resistors. It's still being developed. Buy one, they're cheap and very very handy. I bought one.

If you want a challenge do the same with a 16F887A, it has everything that's needed to do a PIC version.

PS it's nice to try to use your old stock but you're limiting yourself.