Diy MOS transistor

Discussion in 'General Science' started by Motanache, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Motanache

Thread Starter Member

Mar 2, 2015

We can do that?

It's just a hobby !

ScottWang likes this.
  2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I have followed her career with extreme interest. She designed a C64 on a chip (complete with a 1541). It was mounted in a joystick as a aftermarket Commodore knockoff.

3. alfacliff

Dec 13, 2013
  4. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    I talked to her a few years ago at a Hackers conference. Very interesting what she's able to do.

5. Motanache

Thread Starter Member

Mar 2, 2015
    "at a Hackers conference"
    Really ? There is such a conference?:)

Give me details please. I am interested to read what was presented at the conference.

At sparkbangbuzz.com very interesting with negative resistance. In school I did not learn about it because I thought it's not currently used.

6. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hackers_Conference

It's an annual conference. Attendance is by invitation only. I went to Hackers 26 back in 2010, if memory serves. That is where I met Al Alcorn (of Pong fame) and Don Knuth (of The Art of Computer Programming fame), as well as Jeri Ellsworth (whom I had never heard of before, but she had a table set up right next to me and so we got to chatting a bit and who turns out to be a very interesting and fascinating lady, though rather eccentric, which merely meant that she fit in quite well with the rest of us).

I get invited back each year now (once you attend you get invited each year after that) and I would love to go, but it is a pricey affair (though it includes room and board) and I just can't justify it.