Diy How to run two 14.8v batterys in parallel that power 14V digital amplifier?

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Channel14456, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Channel14456

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 4, 2016
  2. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    Nothing. Plug and play.

3. Channel14456

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 4, 2016
    I would hope I matched the specs well but not that we'll. The batteries don't have a pcb correct? Won't lacking this possibly over load the circuit or amp? Also id like to charge the batteries inside the boombox via panel mount inputs (also power supply). Can I power my box and charge it at the same time Any diagrams or help is greatly appreciated

4. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    Okay. I see more to this now.

Here's the main amplifier sections basics. http://www.art0.de/images/ta2021b_eb.pdf

Given the listed 14.6-volt suggested upper voltage limit I can see some issues with this concept now.

Also given your lipo type battery packs have a 14.8 volt nominal voltage and peak charging voltage of around 16.8 VDC I can see a problem there.

If it was me and I wanted to run it and charge on the go without adding sone form of high powered voltage regulation circuitry to it I would switch from the LiPO units to either a 10 cells in a series set by X sets in parallel NiCad or NiMh battery system of which both would be able to be fully charged on a 14.6 volt feed.

If not you are going need to have some sort of basic reasonably high powered voltage regulation system or simply run off of 3 cell 11.1 volt LiPo packs that will recharge properly at 14.2 - 14.6 volts and live with a slight decrease in the units peak output wattage when running external speakers.

That's the simplest off the top of my head solutions I can come up with. Everything else just gets more complicated from there.