Diy a arduino car that can do parallel parking

kuannygohcheetatt

Joined Oct 31, 2013
Hey guys, i am considering to build an arduino car that can do parallel parking. However, the parallel parking method is not like the conventional one (like most people do ) , instead, i wanted to do the parking by just shifting the wheel 90 degree and park parallelly. Can it be done, if can how? I welcome any good suggestion

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I saw a program on Discovery a few years back. Some guys put some strange wheels on a couch, installed some IR sensors and managed it to parallel park. With them in the seat. Pretty nice.

kuannygohcheetatt

Joined Oct 31, 2013

techspec1

Joined Aug 19, 2014
Maybe put your servos that are connected to your wheels onto 4 other servos that only activate to turn the four servos on the wheels 90 degrees.Only thing I could think of off the otp of my head lol

kuannygohcheetatt

Joined Oct 31, 2013
Maybe put your servos that are connected to your wheels onto 4 other servos that only activate to turn the four servos on the wheels 90 degrees.Only thing I could think of off the otp of my head lol
Can u explain more? Seems like a brillant idea, but i nid to understand more haha

techspec1

Joined Aug 19, 2014
maybe something like this. It depends on how big the wheels are they need to have enough space to turn under the frame. Or you could made a frame that lifts the wheels farther from the chassis so they have room.And it shouldn't be too hard to make a frame to mount the 90 degree servo to the wheel servo,or if your lazy just glue the thing to the wheel servo lol.But you may want to use these servos later, so I don't know.

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
How many wheels are powered for forward/reverse motion, and how do you power them? Is normal steering by differential power to the wheels or are they turned as in a real car?

John