divinci dv-6030 wiring schematic

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by damddrew, Aug 21, 2010.

1. damddrew

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 30, 2009
    i have a divinci dv-6030 surround sound base box. the main power cord has been cut off. i wish to reattach another outlet plug onto it, only problem is the power wire coming from the 6030 contains 2 insulated wires, a brown one & a blue. as most power cords are black/white (& green, if a 3 prong)
    this has left me a little confused. any help on which is the hot color would be greatly appreciated. thank you, drew

**yes its the power wire*** directly above the wire, it is printed: 120v - 60hz
    (which is the standard US home plug)

2. DigitalReaper

Aug 7, 2010
    Blue/brown are the standard colours in the UK for neutral and live respectively. Is there a fuse on the base unit? One side of the fuse should be connected to the live wire, you could check the resistance between it and both wires to be sure.

3. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    The colors are the European convention. Brown is hot, so attach the black wire to it. Blue is the neutral and so gets the while wire.

4. damddrew

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 30, 2009
    hey guys, THX ALOT.
    am educated to some point on electrical wiring but that just threw me,
    was checking with an actual electrician over the phone, and they couldn't answer it either. but like i before said, THX ALOT!