dissecting a PWM circuit

james211

Joined May 29, 2012
So I purchased two of these on Amazon the other day and they work perfect for my project. I've been getting some help from @The_RB on another thread, here, but I wanted to ask a separate question here.

First off, the controller is good from 6V-90V and up to 15amps. I only need 12V and less than 2amps. Like I said, in the end this works perfect. So my question is, could I build this for less than $10? Second, how hard is it to dissect one of these and have an eagle cad file made?

A few notes about the motors/pumps. They are peristaltic pumps that run on 12v. They draw very little amps. I'm putting this in idiot terms because I don't want to misinterpret anything, when I set my meter to 20m and measure the current at full speed and lowest speed under load with liquid I get .20 on the meter.

I've measured the voltage as well at the lowest speed and I can get it down to 4v before the motor starts to stall.

james211

Joined May 29, 2012
Yeah, given that amazon has them for $5-$10 cheaper than anywhere else it seems like a pretty decent deal. Thanks for the insights boys. I appreciate your tolerance for my stupidity at times.

Have a great weekend!

james211

Joined May 29, 2012
IS that all I would need to do? Or do the actual parts need to be changed out as well? The amp draw on the motor is pretty low, 0.2A. What parts of the source code need to be changed? Any ideas? Seams like most of the programming is for the button.

Last edited: