Dissapointed

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
U know guys. I see all kind of ppl here, but i donno how good you are at what you do, and I could not care less.
I was told that there are good programmers and coders, and I asked like for the simplest thing and I was willing to give what ever it takes in return. further more I provided my time and money to help others in every way I can but I am still at square one what I wanted.
I came here thinking that someone will be out there that could write the hex that I needed since I am a beginner at this. I don't need any one's help in repairing a tv, a pc or laptop for that matter, cause I know I am good at it and I can and will beat most of the professionals out there at things what I do, I say this not to be proud but because I am confident in it with knowledge and years of experience.
I wanted to learn something new by coming here and although I have seen a lot of tutorial and e books, they are not really optimized for beginners like me, because they are really hard to understand and the terms are not simplified enough.
I think those who boast about these a not sure of what they are really saying or they donno how to lay out a tutorial or a course program.
Being this the main reason I am not able to go where i wanted in programing, that is exactly why I asked for a working code to be written by someone and I was willing to make it worth his while, but I guess there is no one out their who is confident enough to do this or none of you is capable enough alone to do this. If so I donno why I waste my time here.
Is this too much to ask in a forum where all kinds of nerds are and all kinds of engineers in the field a man can imagine. Then why the heck do none of you can do this for me.
I am really disappointed and sad :(
knowing that there are ppl who can do this with a snap but I cannot find them when I need them and there is no one to guide me in this matter.
I guess I am on my own, like the same way when I started my carrier in electronics, I came to be what I am by my own. what I did to learn things without any ones help. But this time "time" is of the essence.
Thanks for nothing ya all.
Cheers
You know where to find me

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
U know guys. I see all kind of ppl here, but i donno how good you are at what you do, and I could not care less.
I was told that there are good programmers and coders, and I asked like for the simplest thing and I was willing to give what ever it takes in return. further more I provided my time and money to help others in every way I can but I am still at square one what I wanted.
I came here thinking that someone will be out there that could write the hex that I needed since I am a beginner at this. I don't need any one's help in repairing a tv, a pc or laptop for that matter, cause I know I am good at it and I can and will beat most of the professionals out there at things what I do, I say this not to be proud but because I am confident in it with knowledge and years of experience.
I wanted to learn something new by coming here and although I have seen a lot of tutorial and e books, they are not really optimized for beginners like me, because they are really hard to understand and the terms are not simplified enough.
I think those who boast about these a not sure of what they are really saying or they donno how to lay out a tutorial or a course program.
Being this the main reason I am not able to go where i wanted in programing, that is exactly why I asked for a working code to be written by someone and I was willing to make it worth his while, but I guess there is no one out their who is confident enough to do this or none of you is capable enough alone to do this. If so I donno why I waste my time here.
Is this too much to ask in a forum where all kinds of nerds are and all kinds of engineers in the field a man can imagine. Then why the heck do none of you can do this for me.
I am really disappointed and sad :(
knowing that there are ppl who can do this with a snap but I cannot find them when I need them and there is no one to guide me in this matter.
I guess I am on my own, like the same way when I started my carrier in electronics, I came to be what I am by my own. what I did to learn things without any ones help. But this time "time" is of the essence.
Cheers
In a lot of electronic books and partly in these online e-books, the authors dont really try to make the reader understand. Instead, they absolutely have to show off their knowledge and vocabulary. I advise all of you to explain things in the simplest way you can. Many of the technical people who post here are very good (no names :rolleyes:). Keep it up! You're setting an example for the rest of us.

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
But this time "time" is of the essence.
Cheers
I was turned off first by the offer for money.

What we do here is volunteer. I doubt you were considering paying anything near the usual hourly rate or annual salary/2080 hours for most of us.

I hope you don't take my comment as too caustic. You are an active and helpful participant in the forum, and I have enjoyed reading your posts.

Please do not let this one episode sour you on this forum and the many people who make it such a pleasant and useful place to exchange free information and help.

As for the specific question to which you are probably referring, I cannot write any flavor of C. I am a relative beginner and stick to Assembly. What you want to do in Assembly is equivalent to flashing an LED and toggling the output between two pins. If you start with a 12F5xx series (like 12F509), there are no analog functions to turn off, so it is easier to set up. However, the 12F6xx series will work just as well, once you get past the set-up. Then make pin 2 high (bsf) , delay, make pin 2 low (bcf), delay, count the number of times you do that, then switch to pin 3 and loop forever.

If you want to give it a try in Assembly, post your effort, and I or someone else surely pitch in to help you.

Best regards, John

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
I came here thinking that someone will be out there that could write the hex that I needed since I am a beginner at this.
You are being very unreasonable complaining like this. People go out of their way to help all the time here. Your request required that a person be familiar with a particular PIC processor and to have the hardware necessary to generate the HEX file ready made for your direct use. Further, anyone who was in a position to help needed to provide it to you "today or ASAP".

Do you think there are 1 million people here that can help? Everyone here has a different background, different interests and different hardware at their disposal. Only a few people would be in a position to help you, and who is to say they read your message in time, or would not be wondering if they are doing your homework or school project. Or, maybe were turned off by your offer for money. Or, maybe were turned off for your request for a delivered solution rather than the explanation sufficient for you to do it yourself.

Also, why to you complain about available ebooks that are provided with the intent of helping as many people as possible with varied backgrounds? If they don't make sense to you, then you need to find other resources that bring you up to speed, and then use the ebooks to take you even further. All books need to make assumptions about the level of knowledge the reader will have coming in, and no book can be appropriate for everyone.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I went via reply and I have no intention on pointing out phrases and replying to them. I thank jpanhalt. But I am sorry that I cannot do what you said as I have no idea. :confused:
I have seen codes and hex files and it's all Greek to me. I go completely blank.
I mean I donno why they use underscores and spaces and asterix and such. Still they say this is for this and for that but when it comes to writing they write too may of those things and I get confused. it's like no one does it in a proper manner, each an every one has different ways. My question is why they do this, atleat they can summarize if they do this it would be like.
Why are everyone offering courses when they cannot simplify the explanation and cannot give out the need of a simple " " (space) for example. is used for. I paid online for a few courses and they taught me (blank).
This is internet. The one doing the learning is alone, so the tutorial must as simple as possible to avoid confusion. But no. they just take your money and show the reviews and stuff. I am fed up with them.

I offered money and yes I am willing to pay for what ever the coder asks for the hex. What else is there. He works, takes time and electricity, then why the should I not offer money inreturn, it's not like we are neighbours, I donno where each and every member is around the world and what I think is money is the best offer I can make.
Worst part is that they will say I cannot pay for the trouble if they even like think of making me a hex. And thinkig that they won't take the innitiative.
And when I say I will pay at first you get turned off. :mad:
You pple don't make any sense, I know forums are commutnities and we help each other.
One member gave me a hex file and asked to contribute in return, I was happy to do it and I did. To me that means more than any money can offer, to give your knowledge to others. And I feel happy doing it. Teaching is a privilege to me, cause I have taught in training centers, here in Maldives and in NTTF ( India, Bangalore) It's sad to see that other are not bold enuf to step up. And they say we should help and share. As if!!!!!.

I was reasonable and none of you treated me reasonably, I offered money with the best of heart cause it is what I have instead of the knowledge that I did not have, god knows I did every thing to understand the coding thingy and every time the PIC gives me unimaginable out puts. It does not do what I want. :mad:
I requested for this particular PIC because it is what I have plenty and I bought them enuf to throw around. I have like 100 of them. Problem is I cannot get another PIC soon enuf, I have to order them from ebay, it's my only choice. The (blanks) ( in Maldives ) here are too (blank) proud to help the weak or there degrees and masters means (blank). They donno any thing practically. And to think they occupy all the well paying jobs and deprive the ones who are really capable for the job. (blank blank)corruption. If I can I will kill each and every one of em, too bad here I dare not do these kind of things instead I have to beg for knowledge. But not any more, I will learn this and I will show them, each and every one that what I am capable off.

Steve
there are a lot who can do this, I know this for a fact. But are too (blank) proud or too weak to help. what I offer is what I have, no need to brag about it. If they don't want money, then just say so, why the insult.
I was polite and I requested in the ways that I understood is kind and offered what I have in return for the service. It's not a big deal.
The hard wares everyone has is no problem due to the fact that programing can be done through any software or hardware that is out there.
Each and every one will always refer to what he has, it is because he can go on doing it sooner, rather than order and wait for a month or so for the parts to arrive.
I did my home work, and I am hard working guy, I sleep every other night due to my current job that I got a few days ago. I have to work from 0900 to 1700Hrs @ 6 days a week, and I have a few jobs that I thought I can do while learning before I got the job. Now the deadlines met and I am at no where. I was willing to spent as much time in here helping if any one can write me a small hex that could work, but it seems I am the only one checking the forum for replies every night. I try to keep reputation with my customers. My words are solid if I give them to any one. Unlike some people.
It's not that I am grateful for the members who have shown me the way and provided me with something and I think I have done my part in return, even more I'll say. because of them I am leaning this PIC thingy and usefulness, before if I see a PIC i'll be like (blanK) is this chip doing. who need's em'.

I have a few understanding in the world of PIC and vast applications.
E books tells (blank). They are not laid out in an orderly manner so that the reader can understand. They just say what the things are for and does not how to apply them or write them. Most of them are copies of others work and it is because of this they cannot explain any thing cause they donno (blank).

I'm asking all of you who are in this field and who say they are here to help and share knowledge. Can't you see the how many people are asking of the simplest things, like when there are hundred and thousands of ebooks out there that could tell em how to go about it.
They are asking because they cannot understand or really donno how to apply the knowlegde taken form the books. Meaning the books are not explained enuf for a biginner to understand, that is why we ask for help, and you say just google it and you get a lot of info. If I can do what I want thru google, then what the (blank) is this forum for. All we need is google and lot of servers to store the ebooks. :D
If the books make no sense to me then, where the (blank) can I find any more resources. I am trying to find resources and when it ends, this the point where this forum comes in. The place to be. A place where somewhere in a corner is someone that is capable to do what you are asking for.
The truth is that he is too occupied to do the requested job or to explain anything, and yet they come and brag about sharing knowledge. What I am saying is if you have the slightest hint on not telling a simple thing in a topic that you are good at along the way and it is something u found out and is important but the learner has no idea about it, he will get stuck at tht point and cannot go on from there. you will be like waiting for him to discover it then rather helping him.then don't bother opening your mouth at all. Keep it to urself and take it to the grave, a lot of help that would do.
Youi can have fun with it in afterlife.

This is exactly what happens to every one and they end up asking for help in here and yet you say you get turned off and on and off and on. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!!
If you don't wanna help or haven't got the time then do not bother replying at all. It will help in not wasting time from weak side.
There are a lot of posts that ends at no where. due to this exact reason. And the one asking get's fed up and leaves or tries something else. Just because the one answering the post does not reply any more, if so then why the hell did he replied in the first place.

A noob coming here will be hoping to get done what he wants and always check for feedbacks or replies but after sometime no more replies. Why is that. He asked for something and someone replied and due to the reply the noob got started at what he wants and goesn on and on and get stuck at some point and he has no idea what is happening, comes back and asks again and this time no more replies but the replier is checking the post, I know this because that perticular replier has replied to other post after this noobs problem.
He does not have time to attend to the problem he helped in creating by the noob. He will be like, it's nothing, he can do it someday and someone else will help. That is not the point. That is not what this forum is about.
If you reply to a post than you should continue checking if has indeed helped him in what the noob was trying.........but nooooo. it will too difficult and boring and blah blah blah!!!!

I have so much to tell and I am hungry....will be back later and continue and sleepy too

Rifaa :(

Last edited by a moderator:

raks_universe

Joined Mar 15, 2009
In a lot of electronic books and partly in these online e-books, the authors dont really try to make the reader understand. Instead, they absolutely have to show off their knowledge and vocabulary. I advise all of you to explain things in the simplest way you can. Many of the technical people who post here are very good (no names :rolleyes:). Keep it up! You're setting an example for the rest of us.
I strongly accept this truth..!!!!;)

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
It's not a big deal.
The hard wares everyone has is no problem due to the fact that programing can be done through any software or hardware that is out there.
You don't make any sense. Not everyone has the hardware and software to help you. A person needs a computer and the software to generate the hex file from the code. That's the minimum. Then, since you want a finished working hex file for your particular PIC, a person would also need to program an emulator board (or that PIC in one of their own circuits) to test the program. On top of this, he would have to do all this "today".

I wasn't capable of helping you as I dont' have the hardware setup and never used a PIC. If you had asked for a file for an MSP430, I would (possibly) have been able to help, but doing something in one day is asking a lot of someone. We all have work and families etc. I expect most people here are not setup to do your task quickly either. I'm sure a few people could do it, but again, there are many reasons why they didn't, as I mentioned a few.

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
I strongly accept this truth..!!!!;)
I don't accept this as truth, accept in a few rare exceptions. It is not easy to write texts to convey technical ideas well. Try it sometime. It takes countless hours upon hours to express even basic things with the correct words and diagrams. And then it takes even more hours of proof reading and eliminating mistakes and typos.

More often than not, if you don't understand a book it's because you don't have the proper foundation to be reading that book, and you need to find other resources to prepare you. Learning is not easy, - it's always a struggle.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I wasn't capable of helping you as I dont' have the hardware setup and never used a PIC. If you had asked for a file for an MSP430, I would (possibly) have been able to help, but doing something in one day is asking a lot of someone. We all have work and families etc. I expect most people here are not setup to do your task quickly either. I'm sure a few people could do it, but again, there are many reasons why they didn't, as I mentioned a few.
I'm sorry steve but I'm not throwing this at you as you have got me starting and I am thankful for that.
I'm just speaking in general.
And as for the hex, I really donno what the big deal is, may be I donno the hex thingy really.
U know when I read the e books and courses I see that actually a coder understands what he does. The layout and everything seems to be proper. All I have to do is load the hex to the PIC software and hit the program button and after that test. If it works..Huraaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
But if it does not, then he'll post back and says it did not walk.
Then this is where everything begins.
what I am saying is to me it does not seem to write a simple hex is too much. Every programmer has the software. If he know what he is doing then he does not need to check it. Cause if he is decide to write the hex and give it to the one in need, he should have a good knowledge on what he is doing. And he should know that his hex is OK, it's the noob that is doing a mistake. At this point he programmer does not bother to ask any thing, why it did not walk or give a suggestion so the noob can at least try it with himself.

Like I said, one does not need the hard ware setup if he cannot do it, just simply say it. But if he thinks he can write the hex that will surely work then he does not need a hardware setup, let the other one do all the work, it is he who asked for it.
This is the point where everyone is quitting in replying
so sad

Rifaa

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
PS... It's not one day that I asked, I think I went like a few weeks
Correction noted. I only saw your recent thread on the subject. When I looked back I see you had started a thread about this problem before. However, people were trying to help you then and someone did some work for you. I also noticed that you've asked many other questions in the past and very often people help you if they can.

I don't know why you are being so negative just because your issue wasn't solved for one case. From what I've seen people generally try to help here.

By the way. You really have no understanding of coding, hex files, processors etc. You are way off the mark when you say that experts don't need to check their code. Also, all processors have different hex files for a given C-code, so a person would need to be working with your processor to help you (or at least working with PICs).

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
May be that's true, I really don't get hex files and c code. It's the only thing that I did not study during the learning years.
And for those who have replied I am greatful, it's just that when someone replied I tnd to depend on him till the end. Like he will be there to correct me if I am wrong but The thread just goes back and they doesn't bother checking up to see how he did.
I always come back to post to check to see what I can do again and finds that it is the end.
further posts does not get a reply......
that is the real problem.

Rifaa

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
And for those who have replied I am greatful, it's just that when someone replied I tnd to depend on him till the end. Like he will be there to correct me if I am wrong but The thread just goes back and they doesn't bother checking up to see how he did.
I always come back to post to check to see what I can do again and finds that it is the end.
further posts does not get a reply......
that is the real problem.
You have only yourself to blame. :(

About a month ago you asked first for a HEX code for 12F508 and I wrote you one. I did not take your money but I did request for you specifically to report back to the forum if the solution works. See Quote.

eblc1388 said:
You don't need to pay me for anything except you have to report back to the forum if the solution works for you or not; for the sake of other forum members.
You then posted back saying you want to try it on 16F872 so I again modified the HEX for 16F872 for you.

The only post I got back is that it doesn't work. What happens next no body knows. You never post back to say if the solution works or not.

Then you asked for HEX code for 16F88 and now 12F629.

I myself don't have the patience to keep changing the software for you if you don't report back the result.

The real situation is that the source files are all included in the previous posts and it will take only a few minutes to change the file to produce the HEX code.

When you remarked that nobody is up to the task you have offended a lot of people here to help. You have your chances and you blew it. I wish you better luck next time.

For others who have read this post, I would suggest you to take a look at the original thread in the link below before forming your opinion about what really happened.

Can any one help me with this!!!!

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Like any free service, this site is worth every dime.

I have a small list of similar sites (well, not for electronics, this is it) to refer to. This is because no one person can know all or do all.

If I were try to give you help it would be worthless, because I don't know the subject. I have a background that would allow me to pick it up faster than most, but I've never done it, so I keep quiet. This is a good thing, how many know it all's would you like giving you wrong and less than helpful advice?

From what little I read you would be better off looking for a forum whose focus is where you need it to be. This is not a request to leave and not come back, but it is unreasonable to expect a volunteer site as broad as this one to help on demand. It's not practical. There are likely better sites to answer your specific question.

If you look at where we do help it is quite broad, and amazing actually how deep the knowledge base is here. I think you would have trouble matching it at a typical university.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
L Chung
You are the man. you say what I did was wrong and I admire that in a person and you have helped me and for that I thank you and if you asked me for money I would have paid, cause I am man of my word. The PIC are which I got from here and there and that is why it never worked but the 12F629's are brand new and for the project. This was final.
I am up for like 24 hrs due to a request I am taking over the Philips, Hitachi plus Sonyericson service center here in Maldives. They are the authorized by the respective company. I am the main guy behind the technicians. So I have like no time now to do any thing and my projects are getting no where, these are my customers. I am always doing R & D. So now I sleep like every other night. Till my projects are over I have to be like this. and sometimes I get upset.
I am sorry if I offended any one, didn't mean to? I'm like always saying what I want right to the face without holding it. Guess it is over now.
When I said most of them, I did mean you all who are always here to help, and for that I apologise

Bill
This forum has unique minds, I can see that. The way most of the problems are answered is outstanding and no university can give this much knowledge. I guess this is why I am still here. But the sad thing is to see most of the thread get's no where without the end result we donno what happened.
Lot of things have said but the best part is we are still here to help each other out.
God bless you all.

Rifaa

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
.... I am always doing R & D. So now I sleep like every other night. Till my projects are over I have to be like this. and sometimes I get upset.
I am sorry if I offended any one, didn't mean to? I'm like always saying what I want right to the face without holding it. Guess it is over now.
When I said most of them, I did mean you all who are always here to help, and for that I apologise
Sleep is very important, and if you lost a little perspective from lack of sleep, I wouldn't hold any bad feelings toward you. Personally, if I had the tools and experience, I would help you at no charge, but I'm not the best person to do it.

If you still have a day or two to meet your deadline, I know someone (not on this forum) who works with PICs quite a bit and does this for a living. Let me know if you are interested and I'll have him look at your posts and give an opinion of how much time and what he would charge to do it. My feeling is that he wouldn't charge much for this, but that would be between the two of you, if things work out.

Just let me know if you are interested. He is also very busy, so I can't promise he can do it. However, I can say he is very good technically and very honest, and also a helpful person.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Steveb
this is like I'll be your buddy for the rest of my life type favor.
Thanks and please do what you can, this is killing me.
I donno what he will ask from me but if I can I will give it to him.
I know how these things are.
nobody can make a promise but put an effort to help the way he can. This is what every one wants but a few has it.
I'll be checking like every hour or so.
Sleep is not important to me but my perspective is going over the horizon.
It's been two days now. I donno where I am at.
And to make thing worse, I am having a family crisis too. GOD. everything comes up like altogether. Really have no idea on what to do just I am sitting at my PC. can't sleep.

Oh well!! this is life. Enjoy it.

Signing off...(please lock the thread)
I will continue on my previous thread
Rifaa

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
OK. I will give you your last chance.

This time I have programmed the HEX into a 12F629 and verify that both LEDs actually blinks.

You would just need power to the PIC and the LED outputs are pin#6 and pin#7.

LEDs should have series resistor.

The files is attached in your thread here:

HEX code

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
god!!! that was fast.
Thanks buddy.
Bud you are not suppose to share this on this forum, I mean section...no.
I will post the results in the old post.
C ya

Rifaa

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
I don't accept this as truth, accept in a few rare exceptions. It is not easy to write texts to convey technical ideas well. Try it sometime. It takes countless hours upon hours to express even basic things with the correct words and diagrams. And then it takes even more hours of proof reading and eliminating mistakes and typos.

More often than not, if you don't understand a book it's because you don't have the proper foundation to be reading that book, and you need to find other resources to prepare you. Learning is not easy, - it's always a struggle.
Steveb,

Indeed, many people (especially on this forum) do explain things very well; and I admit that it is rather difficult to explain technical ideas well. Although, I have came across quite a few books (particularly modern ones) that have a lot of complex vocabulary. I remember one time when I was lookin in a modern amateur radio book about something and couldn't grasp the general idea, but when I looked at one of my older textbooks that I had i got it in a snap. I am not saying that AAC has this problem, in fact it is the opposite. Everyone here is doing a great job and I encourage them.