Disconnect between PDF and HTML files on book

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Just going through the book to refer a member to a chapter, I looked at the credits section. The credits on Vol. 3 in HTML appear to have never been updated since 2002, while the PDF version appears to be current.

This has been an ongoing issue for a while, I've pointed it out before, and it was fixed at the time. Somehow we are taking steps backwards, and I wonder what else is being lost between the two versions.

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
Just going through the book to refer a member to a chapter, I looked at the credits section. The credits on Vol. 3 in HTML appear to have never been updated since 2002, while the PDF version appears to be current.

This has been an ongoing issue for a while, I've pointed it out before, and it was fixed at the time. Somehow we are taking steps backwards, and I wonder what else is being lost between the two versions.
This link near "Access individual volumes, I through VI:" http://www.ibiblio.org/kuphaldt/electricCircuits/
says that I did a minor update 17 Feb 2011, which includes credits.

The appendix A-2 contributors list:
http://www.ibiblio.org/kuphaldt/electricCircuits/Semi/SEMI_A2.html
shows this about Bill Marsden:

Bill Marsden

• Date(s) of contribution(s): May 2008
  • Nature of contribution: Original author: “ElectroStatic Discharge” Section, Chapter 9.
  • Nature of contribution: Chapter 3, LED's update, photodiode update, Feburary 2009.
  • Nature of contribution: Chapter 11, Section author: "Pulse Width Modulation", Feburary 2010.
  • Contact at: bill_marsden2(at)hotmail(dot)com
If I missed anything let me know.

The very bottom of the page shows Feb 2011 entries.

Production process for udates:

1. Changes/updates entered into .sml source at ibiblio.org
2. Run script at ibiblio which produces both .html and .pdf from source
3. AAC administrators update from ibiblio.org

Keep in mind that I do #1 and #2. Step #3 is done by AAC. Who besides jrap is able to do this? Perhaps we need a formal process for who to notify each time an update is done to the source at ibiblio. Right now, the only way an AAC administrator would know is by scanning the forum for my note that I entered a correction at ibiblio.

Personally, I do updates every few months to the source at ibiblio based on forum errors/corrections, unless somebody contacts me sooner. I was assuming that jrap or someone else at AAC did updates from ibiblio every few months.

Bill, check the html at ibiblio. If the problem is there, contact me. Otherwise, contact dave or jrap.

dennis

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Thanks Dennis and Bill.

I do my best to check the iBiblio site often to look for an update - but admittedly it's been about a month since I last checked, and the Feb 17/18th updates had not been noticed. I've just run the script on the AAC end to update everything.

The script on our end also parses the SML file directly.

Rob